Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Peter H
Honolulu, Hawaii

Springboard to road trips

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Aug 2022
Hotel's Favourite
I checked in on the Hilton App and had an electronic key from my app, so I didn't have to approach the front desk. However, every time I passed they were never too busy to say a quick greeting. I also loved choosing my own room on the app so there was no surprises.

Room was clean and spacious, and cooled down inside as a relief from the Louisiana heat outside. Although close to the highway for convenience, it was relatively quiet and I was well rested both nights I stayed. Each day I had long drives so I treasured the rest time.

Breakfast was nice and hot, with plenty of seating and a television to watch the Weather Channel.

My only concern was that curiously, the shower curtain was too short to have a good grip on the bottom of the tub. I kept trying to keep the curtain inside the tub but water kept dripping out. I learned that the key is to wet the bottom of the shower curtain first, then it clings to the lip of the tub. I learned that on night #2, after a significant pool of water collected outside the tub on night #1. I understand that the curtain is too short because they use a curved curtain rod, which increases elbow room in the tub, but no one tested the curtain to see if it'll stay. Please purchase longer shower curtains!
Date of stay: August 2022
Room Tip: If you use the Hilton App, you can choose your room. I chose ground floor with a room close to...
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
Restaurant
    S$88
3.5 km from Hampton Inn Sulphur/lake Charles Area
View more hotels in Sulphur
All reviews lake charles room was clean would stay here again proximity highway curtains exit texas
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 May 2022

Very accommodating staff hotel rooms are very clean. You will be happy you stayed there! Breakfast was hot and fresh. Breakfast was very well maintained. Front desk staff was always very friendly and spoke to you upon entering or leaving the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 29 March 2022 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was perfect. The beds were comfortable and the noise level surprisingly low given its proximity to the highway. The restaurant directly in front of the hotel was fantastic.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sulphur LA, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sulphur/lake Charles Area, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2022

On behalf of the hotel and staff, I would like to offer a very special Thank You! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2022

This property is clearly under renovation. There was a 1/4" gap between door jam and door, drywall plaster splattered all over the chase lounge chair in the room, baseboards missing and a wake up call daily at 6:30AM that we never asked for, asked to stop and kept receiving. Maybe is was the boogy man from the cemetery next door.

Date of stay: February 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sulphur LA, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sulphur/lake Charles Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2022

Melissa, thank you for the feedback regarding the hotel. As the general manager of the Hampton Inn Sulphur, the feedback you provide is valuable information and I will ensure the issues you have noted are evaluated and rectified. It is with my sincerest regret your experience was less than 100% satisfactory. It is my hope that one day we get the opportunity to serve you again, so we can prove that you are a valued customer and we want nothing more than complete satisfaction for our guests.

Reviewed 29 December 2021

Awesome service, nice and clean but with competitors around the corner (quite a few) you might want to check rates and property before booking, if you are “passing by” this might not be worth the expense since you are just using the hotel for sleeping purposes unless you want to spend $200.00 for one night.

Date of stay: December 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sulphur LA, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sulphur/lake Charles Area, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2021

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you as our guest. It is without doubt we here at The Hampton Inn by Hilton Sulphur truly appreciate your feedback. As suggested we are in a competitive market. It is with that thought in mind, we pride ourselves in offering genuine hospitality and quality accommodations at competitive rates. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 17 October 2021

Good location, close to Golden nugget for a good price, has the Hilton feel to the rooms. After the construction is finished it should be very nice and I will visit again whenever I’m traveling to Lake Charles.

Date of stay: October 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sulphur LA, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sulphur/lake Charles Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2021

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you as our guest. It is without doubt we here at The Hampton Inn by Hilton Sulphur truly appreciate your feedback. It is my hope that one day we get the opportunity to serve you again.