All reviews bed and breakfast step back in time wrap around porch walking distance feel right at home gorgeous mansion rose room the inn keeper historic beauty wonderful hospitality turn down service we ate breakfast home cooked breakfast fabulous breakfast rooms are big in town fresh towels
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Back and looking you get to enjoy the home and period antiques and great breakfast. Heidi is a friendly host that has the knack of making you feel right at home. Very comfortable bed with luxury linens. Quiet and plenty of room to roam. Large porches with chairs and a nice breeze for a gathering of good old Southern Hospitality in a town with some of the finest foods with local culture. Great Get Away! Not too far from Plantations or New Orleans.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dansereau, Innkeeper & Chief Happiness Officer at The Dansereau House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Thank you SOOO SOO MUCH for your kind and generous praise! I blush!

You were a gift as a guest and I can only hope you'll come back and see even more of what this surprising little town has to offer!

Do come back and give us that pleasure!!!

heidi

Reviewed 20 November 2016

The Dansereau House is a stunning property with beautiful rooms. We found Heidi to be a hugely welcoming host, introducing us to other guests and having a welcome cocktail with us on the porch was a lovely personal touch - we really enjoyed meeting you. The restaurant recommendations were really useful and breakfast was delicious , we really appreciated it when Heidi made us a special portion of her lovely pain perdu that we'd heard good things about! Well worth a visit, we wished we could have stayed longer.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dansereau, Innkeeper & Chief Happiness Officer at The Dansereau House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Oh my! ~How sweet! What a lovely review!
Charming!? I'm charming! That's divine! I'm going to tell all of my friends that I've been found to be CHARMING! LOVELY!! thank you so much~

I'm being silly, but we really loved playing host to you both! You were lovely company and I truly enjoyed our conversations! I hope you enjoyed the entirety of your time in the US as much as we enjoyed having you!

Heidi

Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

It starts with a personal greeting from the Chief Pleasure Officer Heddi and then the charm of the property takes over.
The house is huge and spectacular. The room we had was the smallest yet comfortable except for a small double bed. If you get a chance check out the upstairs master suites. Simply divine. Breakfast was inspired by Heidi and delicious. Very special place.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dansereau, Innkeeper & Chief Happiness Officer at The Dansereau House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

My Goodness! What a Lovely review!! Thank you so much for your Kind kind words! I hope that you will return and grace us with your generous loveliness again! There is so much more to see and do!!

Come back soon!

Heidi

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Grand old house. Beautifully decorated. A million miles away for the motels we have been used to, and for a similar price! Brilliant find. Also, great personal service from Hiedi, the manager. We sat on the porch after we'd checked in a had a nice beer and a chat with her. Also orthentic Louisianna home cooked breakfast. Can't recommend it enough.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dansereau, Innkeeper & Chief Happiness Officer at The Dansereau House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Wowie! What a sweet n'Wonderful Review! Y'all make me feel so special...and it's really the Place that's so special! It's truly an honor to have served as your hostess and I do hope you come back soon!! SO much FUN!

Love and Laughter,
Heidi and all the staff at the Dansereau House~!

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Excellent ambience and very good value for the money. Nice breakfast setting giving opportunity to chat and exchange travel expereinces with other guests. Nice pizzeria and ohter dining options less than 100m from hotel

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dansereau, Innkeeper & Chief Happiness Officer at The Dansereau House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Lars, thank you so much for your kind words! We look forward to your return visit where you will meet SO MANY MORE other guests and see so many more plantations with wonderful and amazing stories from other travelers such as yourselves!

do come back soon!