All reviewsbreakfast was amazingrose roomwonderful hospitalityturn down servicewe ate breakfastgorgeous mansionin townawesome placeperfect place to get awaybiscuitsfresh towelsverandalindahostessevent
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

The house is fabulous! I would change the decor a bit, but cost/value was great! Staff was very friendly and good breakfast! We drove to several plantations from this small town. Location was perfect.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2016

We stayed one night only. When we arrived we had to walk around the back as no one answered the front door. Once we met Heidi, we were happy to be in good hands. Service is friendly and casual. She offered us a glass of wine and bacon brownies (yes!) which was very nice. The room was very luxurious and comfortable. Breakfast was also very nice. Heidi was starting to decorate for the Holiday season - I can only imagine what it will look like once it's all done up with a fancy tree ! Will recommend this place without hesitation.

Room Tip: We were there in November therefore heat was not a problem. Not sure how comfortable it would be in the dead of Summer!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2016

My wife and I really liked this B&B. It was very nice and quaint. The setup for breakfast is very nice also. The only thing that I would change is soap and shampoo in the bathroom. Other than that you cannot beat the price for what you receive. We will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

Back and looking you get to enjoy the home and period antiques and great breakfast. Heidi is a friendly host that has the knack of making you feel right at home. Very comfortable bed with luxury linens. Quiet and plenty of room to roam. Large porches with chairs and a nice breeze for a gathering of good old Southern Hospitality in a town with some of the finest foods with local culture. Great Get Away! Not too far from Plantations or New Orleans.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Dansereau, Innkeeper & Chief Happiness Officer at The Dansereau House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Thank you SOOO SOO MUCH for your kind and generous praise! I blush!

You were a gift as a guest and I can only hope you'll come back and see even more of what this surprising little town has to offer!

Do come back and give us that pleasure!!!

Love and Laughter,
heidi

Reviewed 20 November 2016

The Dansereau House is a stunning property with beautiful rooms. We found Heidi to be a hugely welcoming host, introducing us to other guests and having a welcome cocktail with us on the porch was a lovely personal touch - we really enjoyed meeting you. The restaurant recommendations were really useful and breakfast was delicious , we really appreciated it when Heidi made us a special portion of her lovely pain perdu that we'd heard good things about! Well worth a visit, we wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Dansereau, Innkeeper & Chief Happiness Officer at The Dansereau House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Oh my! ~How sweet! What a lovely review!
Charming!? I'm charming! That's divine! I'm going to tell all of my friends that I've been found to be CHARMING! LOVELY!! thank you so much~

I'm being silly, but we really loved playing host to you both! You were lovely company and I truly enjoyed our conversations! I hope you enjoyed the entirety of your time in the US as much as we enjoyed having you!

Love and Laughter,