“Great food and place”
Review of Harvest Bar

Harvest Bar
Ranked #18 of 38 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Description: Rotating selection of Maine craft beers and organic wines available for here or to go! 100% organic menu caters to all dietary preferences.
Reviewed 28 April 2017

I love this place so much that I had lunch and dinner here while spending a few days in Bethel. It's part organic restaurant that also sells food. Apparently they also have craft beer as well. For lunch I got the half avocado stuffed with red onion and served with a chipotle sauce. There were two pieces of home made gluten free bread served with it. It cost just $5 and was very filling. For dinner I had a sandwich served on flatbread that had tomatoes, capers, avocado and a soft boiled egg. The flavor combination was delicious! Cost was $10. The atmosphere is very informal and cozy. They also have music a couple nights a week. If I lived here, I would be a regular!

Reviewed 25 April 2017

My wife and I stopped in around lunchtime on a Wednesday in early April for a quick beer on our way out of town.
We had seen the sign advertising that they had craft beer and, being beer geeks, were curious.
The space is clean and pleasant with lots of windows, a small bar, shelves stocked with local jarred goods and a cooler in back featuring beer and cider.
Food offerings appear, at least during the day, to be mostly sandwiches, smoothies and coffee drinks, all with an emphasis on local farm to table.
The staff was pleasant, albeit very laid back. Three employees in the place that we could see, two of whom were actually working the front area. Pretty typical of this type of establishment; wool hats, hemp jewelry, etc.
The tap list was good with plenty of New England offerings such as Maine Beer Co., Bissell Bros. and the like.
The problem for us was the complete lack of urgency here. Not that we were in a particular hurry, but we waited for 10 minutes with empty glasses waiting to pay our tab while two employees made two sandwiches for the only other couple in the place.
When we were finally acknowledged and cashed out, the two employees were STILL working on the sandwiches. They may still be working on them as I type..
Hopefully the night staff has more hustle than this. I'm sure there will be times when there are more than 4 people in this restaurant, and with this particular staff no one is getting fed in their any time soon.
In short, this could be a cute little spot for a beer and a snack if the staff can operate like they care a little.
We are not likely to go out of our way to return.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The roasted chicken sandwich was as fresh and delicious as could be. Service could not be beat- friendly and attentive staff. Great local beer selection on tap and to go. Gourmet organic foods in store also.

Been to Harvest Bar? Share your experiences!