“Convenient & Very Good”

Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

If you love barbecue and enjoy take out food, don’t miss this place. While the converted trailer and two smokers might not provide an appealing sight, the food served is very, very good. Portions are generous and the price is right. We ski at Sunday River, stay at the Rostay next door to the barbecue place and enjoy the smoked ribs.

During non vacation weeks, the place is open Friday through Sunday as far as we know. But, check for yourselves since their schedule may change.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I read how Smokin’ Good was rated one of the best bbq spots in Maine and to my surprise it was on the way to Sunday River which my family frequents. So I made sure on this trip that I would stop. I was not disappointed. The portions are bigger than I expected! The Texas brisket was so tender and melted in your mouth. I got the appetizer ribs as well and that was a larger portion than I expected too. Bonus: It was quick service which I was thankful for on that cold day.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

Authentic and ‘real’ come to mind – even our Texas friends had to admit this was GREAT BBQ – one challenge, if your buying your BBQ for the ride home after skiing you will pull over half way home to dig in because you will not be able to suffer the awesome aroma all the way home.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Don't blink, or you'll miss it! We were told that this place had great BBQ and they were right. More options for BBQ than I was expecting and the amount of food was huge! We'll definitely be back next time we're in town

Reviewed 12 September 2017

The food was very generous and tasty, but the staff was very rude! They advertised NC vinegar base BBQ, but as I was watching them fix my sandwich, they started to add a thick red sauce. I told them I asked for NC vinegar BBQ, but they normally add the red sauce as well. I asked them to leave it off my sandwich and the server apparently was insulted. NC vinegar BBQ does not include a red sauce!

Been to Smokin' Good BBQ? Share your experiences!