“Connecticut, Illinois and Maine visitors LOVED this restaurant!”
Review of 22 Broad Street

22 Broad Street
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Broad Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Mountain Explorer (Sunday River Shuttle) service stops directly across the street (in the winter months only).
Description: Authentic Italian food served in an historical setting in an 1868 home. Martini bar, screened in porch and real fireplace. Great for private parties and special occasions.
Reviewed 22 September 2016

Honestly worth every $. Roasted beet salad, crispy eggplant lasagna, bolognese and raviolis terrific! Pam, our server, timed our meal perfectly. We were not rushed...treated to a fabulous meal. Three of us shared a taste of flourless chocolate cake, key lime pie and gelato which were also great. Everything was beautifully plated and wonderfully prepared.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

We were vacationing a few days in the Bethel area and went on TripAdvisor for tips on dinner restaurants. 22 Broad Street was at the top so we checked with folks at the hotel who also raved about it....so we went on Wednesday. We live in CT and have access to great Italian Restaurants so thought 22 Broad would be good, but not quite Carbone's or Treva. We were pleasantly blown away! I had a special Fra Diavolo dish, which was superb and my wife had The Sunday Gravy dish, also superb. They don't have an extensive wine menu, but what they have is very well thought out and compliments the food very well. Hannah was our server and was a delight, which always makes a great meal even better. For the area the prices are a bit higher than other restaurants, but there's no comparison and the pricing is a great value once you eat the food.

So before we left Wednesday night we made reservations for Thursday. It can't be as good the second time right? Wrong, my wife had a house specialty Beef Braciole, which was unbelievable and I had the clams and linguini and yes, we insisted on having Hannah be our server again.

Another superb experience, but alas we had to leave Friday to head for the coast. Needless to say I highly recommend this beautiful restaurant. Reservations are highly recommended because the locals know a good thing too and it gets busy.

Next time we get to the Bethel area we'll be going back and hope Hannah will be there.

1  Thank Mainerinct
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The food was amazing! I had the chicken parm, it was so good! The Caesar salad was also delicious! The prices were high, but it was worth it!

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Yes it's pricey but it's a resort village. It's one of the best meals you'll find in Bethel for fine dining besides Cho Sun. Get the crispy eggplant lasagna it's amazing. Service always rocks. Highly recommend making a reservation.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed the best meal, by far, of our four night visit to Bethel, Maine. We were staying at the Bethel Inn directly across the street for the first time in 20 years, and were a bit disappointed that their formal dining room had closed. So, we decided to cross the street and are glad we did.

22 Broad Street is in a converted Victorian home, resulting in multiple, cozy, small dining rooms. We had made a reservation on Open Table and were offered seating on their lovely screened porch which was delightful. While their specialties are Italian, every dish we had was outstanding.

22 Broad also has a small bar, The Martini Room, so I had to try a specialty cocktail, the 22 Broad Manhattan and it was great. My husband opted for wine by the glass from their impressive wine list.

We started with small house salads. My only minor criticism is that the plate was a bit small for the beautiful, artistic, fresh, tasty salad, making it hard to cut without spilling off the plate. The white vinaigrette was light and tasty. Their clams casino were some of the best we've had.

For entrees my husband had the chicken piccata which came with green beans and a side of pasta. I was tempted by their scallop special served over angel hair and chock full of artichokes and asparagus with a creamy lemongrass sauce. Best of all, I had leftovers for today!
We ended the evening with one crime brûlée and one decaf cappuccino. Our bill before tip was just under $100, but we had four courses, a cocktail and wine, and loved every sip/bite (and my scallop special was pricier than most entrees on the menu).

22 Broad also offers lighter apps, many pasta dishes and salads. Our server, Katie was delightful as was the "coffeehouse" acoustic music by Sirius Radio playing in the background!

Well Worth the Walk Across the Street!

Been to 22 Broad Street? Share your experiences!