“Good food large portions”
Review of 22 Broad Street

22 Broad Street
Reserve with OpenTable
22 Broad Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Mountain Explorer (Sunday River Shuttle) service stops directly across the street (in the winter months only).
Description: Authentic Italian food served in an historical setting in an 1868 home. Martini bar, screened in porch and real fireplace. Great for private parties and special occasions.
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Good Italian food massive portions. Creative cocktail menu but expensive prices. Nice option to on mountain restaurants at Sunday River

1  Thank Mike P

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Went in on a whim, sat at the bar, Ed greeted me right away! The menu is very impressive! I ordered the chicken piccata ( the best I’ve ever had) . Can’t wait to go back and take my friends. Yummy!!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here numerous times. Braciole is excellent, tried the Crispy eggplant as it was listed as a “house favorite” this time. Dry piece of cardboard, would not recommend. Green beans with it were terrific. Side of pasta, over cooked and tasteless sauce. Will stick with what I know is good I guess. Martini selection has been the same. Got a hot and spicy martini last visit, so much hot pepper taste, that’s all you tasted. Fig martini this time, just tasted like a big raisin. Unimpressed. Server put one of our 3 orders in to kitchen incorrectly (ordered Sunday gravy) brought out chicken parm. She admitted her error, but we didn’t get the right meal until the rest of the diners were done with their meal. No real apology, no offer to bring a drink while we waited or a dessert to compensate for error. Past servers have been great or just ok, hostess usually with attitude. I think we’ll finally move on and give our business to other locations. Wanted to love it here. Sorry to go.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Switched our previous plans for a locals recommendation. His suggestion was so strongly presented, there was no hesitation in our making reservations. The online pictures had previously steered me away. I should have listened to my instincts. The house favorite “ Crispy Eggplant” was Dry,heavy and lacking any kind of imagination. Marinara sauce more like burnt tomato paste. Crispy eggplant was like deep fried card board. Side of boxed rotini with more of the paste like marinara. Anti pasta was ok- basic. Pork Osso Bucco ok. Sat next to boiling hot radiator and asked to move, hostess said it is there or horrible table in the middle of all traffic flow. She was disgusted that I asked. Martinis poured into wrong glasses. My vodka martini was poured into the orange garnish and my wife’s blood orange martini poured over my blue cheese olive. Wine was very fairly priced. $200 for 2 with no dessert. All in all, I expected and hoped for more. Henry and Louise

Reviewed 20 February 2018

22 Broad Street is an elegant restaurant with delicious entrees. The martinis are very good as well. The prices are a but high for the town but the dining experience is lovely. The Italian food is yummy and the portions very generous. The real fireplace is a nice touch and it is very close to the Bethel Inn,

Been to 22 Broad Street? Share your experiences!