“Good breakfast”
Review of The Hitching Post Diner - CLOSED

The Hitching Post Diner
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Stopped in for breakfast on our way to Bar Harbor. Good coffee, good food and attentive service. If in the area stop in.

Reviewed 13 November 2016

We used to eat here when it was Bethel's Best, but haven't been back since this latest transition. We tried the breakfast on Sunday....we arrived at 730A & lucked out as it was not too busy, but within 1/2 hour, the place was full. Lots of good choices on the menu at reasonable prices. The coffee was delicious & kept getting filled by the very pleasant, friendly waitress! Their bacon is "awesome" - very flavourful & cooked just right, a mountain of tasty, crisp home fries (with skins) & the break for the toast is home-made in house. We did notice on the menu that they also serve the "real" Maine made maple syrup, which is a plus anywhere!! We will try it at another time for luncn or supper, but I would definitly recommend a stop here for an awesome breakfast if you are in the area!

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on our way from Bar Harbor to the White Mountains. Great diner food with reasonable prices and great service. Some of us got ice cream for dessert and we took away a loaf of banana nut bread that was awesome. Would recommend.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I can tell you one thing I can never decide what to eat when I'm there. Beth and Frank are delightful. I love the food, mostly the fish, but I've had the cheeseburger which I love chips or fries I love both. I haven't had the breakfast yet, maybe this weekend. I've always had a wonderful meal there.
Great food,
Price
and huge servings.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

This local cafe is our go to lace for breakfast. Large portions, reasonable prices, and friendly staff.