“What a pleasant surprise..Congrats on the renovations!!”
Review of Vacationland Inn

Vacationland Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
GreenLeadersBronze level
N.B. Canada
“What a pleasant surprise..Congrats on the renovations!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

My sister and I wanted to stay just 1 night in Brewer and found an excellent walk-in rate at this former Twin City. We were a bit hesitate as the old Twin City was a fairly rundown hotel but after calling we decided to check the place out. WOW!! You will not be disappointed, the renovations are beautiful and the decor has some really neat touches...great job on the reno!!..attention to details is very nice. Included in your overnight stay is a standard waffle breakfast but they do have different toppings for them which makes it special. I will certainly not hesitate on returning.

Room Tip: There is a room section that is not connected directly to the main part of hotel. It is a separate b...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jilliangkyui
Vacationland_Manager, Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to write it. We are glad that we have lived up to your expectations. I shall ensure to share your review with the rest of the team. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon...

Best Regards,

Leeanne Hewey, Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Quispamsis, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Have just returned from a shopping trip to Bangor and wanted to get this review submiited, so that nobody else make the same mistake we did. This hotel is nothing like it reads in some of the previous reviews. It is awful. I was in a non smoking room on the 2nd floor and my room smelt worse than the smoking room my travel companions were in, it reeked . The side door to the parking lot has no lock so anybody could come in to this hotel. The combination of the smell, the lack of security and the overall condition of the room and hotel made me believe that these reviews were fabricated and they were not submitted by customers who actually stayed there. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well. The complimentary breakfast that everyone raved about wasn't anything special, actually lacked the typical items you find in most other hotels. At check out we were told that the rooms we stayed in are usually sold as a cheaper option to people and are offered at a reduced rate. They did offer a $20 refund. Reviews should reflect the entire hotel, not just certain rooms that may be fixed up and promoted as what you can expect.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lovetotravel62_11
Vacationland_Manager, Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear Valued Guest:
We are continually updating our hotel on a daily basis and strive to adhere to our guests every need. Reservations were made over the phone. The room reservation request was for a non-smoking room to be next to a smoking room for yourself and the friends you traveled with. We have a policy to explain that the upstairs rooms near the smoking rooms have not yet been renovated, however, they are clean and comfortable. These rooms do not have all the amenities as in our Annex. As with any hotel, it is much better for the hotel to be able to address an issue for the guest when the front desk staff is notified immediately. We would of moved your non-smoking reservation to another room if you or your guest would of returned or called the front desk immediately. When we were not made aware of your dissatisfaction until the morning at check out, it leaves us with minimal options to correct the situation for you. We did reduce the price of the rooms upon checkout and have offered both you and your traveling companion an opportunity to return. When you return, please do not hesitate to let us know immediately when you are dissatisfied with your accommodation or you may ask to see the room prior to checking into the room. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and sincerely hope that our ongoing efforts to continue to improve each room at our hotel and attempts to resolve this matter for you will restore your faith in Vacationland inn and we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. It was a pleasure to speak to you again the other day on the phone when I called you.

Mill Cove, N.B. Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2011

When we go to Bangor, Vacationland Inn in Brewer Maine has become our favorite place to stay The staff are very friendly and helpful The rooms are wonderfully clean. I really am very happy to stay at this Inn. It is close to restaurants and stores that we visit. I was there on one occasion and wanted a fridge and microwave in the room, it was after hours and the night staff actually called the maintenance man from his off duty time to set up a fridge and microwave for me, now how accommodating is that?
The only disappointment that I have is when I call for a reservation and there are no rooms available for the time period that I will be in Bangor, .

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeanm86
Dear Guests:

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this positive review. We are very delighted that you enjoy your stays with us at Vacationland Inn. Your review will be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2011

A mate and I stayed here on a trip we were doing round the east
Coast. We had stayed at really nice places all the way.....until this one. Our room was at the rear of the property. To get to it we had to cross a barren gravel car park with stuff all lighting. The doors were open. I don't think this place had ever heard of security.
The room was a filthy dive. The bed was crumpled and looked like it hadn't been cleaned. The toilet had not been cleaned. it looked like someone had spewed in the bath and it hadn't been cleaned in time so it was caked on the bath itself. Our view was terrible. Of a garbage heap which we could smell.

I thought breakfast might be this place's redeeming feature but even that was crap. I got burnt waffles.

I am kicking myself for not taking photos. Avoid this place.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Pumbaa86
Vacationland_Manager, Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
Dear Valued Guests:

I have emailed you a few times hoping to get your feedback. Please know you can call me directly at any time. It is unfortunate that our front desk staff or management was never made aware of your dissatisfaction with the room. As with all hotels, the earlier any dissatisfaction is reported, this allows us to move you to another room. Know when you return that you may ask to see your room prior to checking in. Again, feel free to contact me directly with your concerns.

Kind Regards,
Leeanne, Manager
Garden Grove, California
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Clean, quiet, comfortable & a wonderful breakfast!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
9.1 km away
Ramada Bangor
#12 of 26 in Bangor
5.1 km away
Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road

Been to Vacationland Inn? Share your experiences!