“Usually great ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

My family has eaten here multiple times and it is our go-to restaurant when visiting Bridgton. The food is always good and the staff is friendly. However our most recent visit wasn’t has enjoyable. We arrived at 9:30 the sign said closed but they were open, we asked for a table of 5 and were seated immediately. 2/5 of us were there and the rest on the way, our waitress repeatedly asked us when our party was coming and that they “reopened” due to all the people in the restaurant. We felt rushed and pressured the entire time. At one point I even heard our waitress complaining about another table that had ordered dessert. I completely understand that she probably wanted to go home and it wasn’t her choice to reopen but they didn’t have to seat us if it was such an inconvenience. The food at least came out quick and it was good as always. We later moved to the bar and the bartender was very friendly and had no issues with us being there.
I’m sure we will go back there at some point but not right before they close!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had Easter lunch/brunch recently and couldn't have been happier. I had the Eggs Benedict special which was not only the best Benedict I've ever had, but one of the best meals I've ever had. My companion had the Monte Cristo and loved it as well. Our server was attentive, skilled, and amazingly kind. We had such a nice experience and will certainly be back!

3  Thank Jayne B
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Place was busy and waitress was good but service was slow. Food arrived luke warm Servings were very generous and prices very reasonable

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We dine here regularly. Good food, reasonable prices, friendly staff, consistently reliable for a meal, a meeting, or to take guests.

1  Thank emmyHollister
Reviewed 19 January 2018

My wife and I have eaten at the Black Horse several times over the years and it is consistently very good. The menu is always very interesting offering a good variety. Service is excellent and polite.

1  Thank James K