“Dependable food higher prices”

Vivo Country Italian Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Bridgton
Price range: US$17 - US$23
Description: We are taking reservations for all amounts of parties, on all the days we are opened. BAR OPENS AT 4:00 PM. LIMITED MENU AT BAR UNTIL 5:00 PM WHEN DINING ROOM OPENS
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We had eaten here several times and absolutely loved our dinner and experience. This time we felt it did not meet our previous expectations. Service was good. We had reservations and only had to wait a few minutes for our table. The biggest problem was the noise. It was so loud my husband and I could not have a conversation without raising our voices to be heard. It was also extremely warm, probably because of the full restaurant. I started with the Caesar salad ($9.50) and a bottle of Chianti ($34). On the previous night we had eaten at another Italian restaurant on the corner of Rte 93 and a bottle of Chianti was only $22. My husband had the meatballs with ricotta which he enjoyed and we split the chicken parmigiana. I thought it ok. My husband goes just for that. We followed dinner with the maple creme brûlée which was fabulous and a grappa. Total bill was $104 for the 2 of us. It is a good restaurant for the area but there are more affordable option as well. If I could I would give this a good not just average rating.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I LOVE Vivo! Great staff, amazing food, good drinks, and friendly bar mates. There were literally no negatives (except that I don't live in Bridgton, so I won't be able to eat here more often).

I sat at the bar on two separate nights, as a solo business traveler I am accustomed to eating alone. By the end of my first experience at Vivo I felt like a regular -- the bartender was attentive and friendly, the other bar patrons struck up conversations, and everyone wished me well when I left. Three nights later I returned, and you'd have thought I'd stepped into Cheers, only my name rang out, not Norm.

The Norumbega Oysters were fresh and salty sweet perfection, the fresh mozzarella with heirloom tomatoes would literally make an Italian grandmother weep with pride, and the potato gnocchi was creamy goodness through and through.

Don't miss out. Try Vivo and become a regular. It's so worth it.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We dine here frequently. Food is creative and fresh. Presentation artfully done when Frank, the chef is in the kitchen. Popular spot, always busy. Bar area seating is preferable in terms of ambiance and service. Peter, bartender extraordinaire and server is the best. Favorite is scallops with arugula and lemon curd ravioli. All pasta is homemade and freshly prepared. Good wine list as well! A real find in this small rural village. Only negative is Fran, sister of the chef, who is the extremely always hassled rude hostess. She know us as regular diners yet continues to hassle us about bringing in my service dog, yet always want to pet and play with him. We called her on that one. She has no clue. Too bad nepotism exists. Social skills and manners go a long way not to mention familiarity with ADA rules and regs. The chef/owner and his wife, Joanie, are gracious and charming. It’s about the sibling here.

2  Thank ServiceDog2014
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Came to visit after reading some good reviews. Sat at bar and recommend reservations if you want to dine in as the place seems packed. There were appetizer specials of oysters and a burrata w local tomatoes that sound device. Specials were a tagliatelle with chicken and sausage, with roasted peppers or a grilled swordfish. I went traditional the the three meat Bolognese. Very tasty and slightly different then I was expecting. The pasta was fresh but ever so slightly chewy. Bread was served warm. Food was very good.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Quiet Tuesday evening dinner with a friend. No reservation was needed. Atmosphere is relaxed, the service was excellent as were our meals. The oysters were a delicious start and the homemade tiramisu was the perfect end to an enjoyable meal.