Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Lol.travel
US$221
BestWestern.com
Hotels.comUS$230
PricelineUS$230
All reviews brunswick bath salt water pool nice hotel indoor pool room was clean bailey island stay there again first floor free breakfast great place to stay great room bowdoin college bw maine pet hallway freeport
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The only bright part of the stay at the Brunswick Best Western was the front desk ladies - they were accommodating and professional. My biggest complain was the cleanliness of the hotel. It was like our room had not been cleaned between guests, although clean sheets and fresh towels were there. There was crumbs/trash all over the floor, the bathroom still had hair on the floor, and the toilet had not been cleaned. Lights didn't work, mirror had a major crack in it, desk/bench surface needed to be wiped down 2-3 times before the cloth came back clean. It was really gross.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western Brunswick, General Manager at Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

hank you for taking the time to write this review of our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 207-725-5251.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Normally Best Westerns are great to stay at however the only thing that made this stay halfway decent was the staff. They were very cordial & for the most part friendly.
Normally one can get gluten free options at Best Westerns, not here. They have none!
Second our room was not good! We loved the shape of the hot tub. But the only thing it produced was hot water. The cold faucet doesn’t work at all! Really I’ve heard of hot love but this is a little ridiculous. (We had to use several buckets of ice the second night to cool it down after using several buckets of cold water from the other bathtub the first night.)
There were no blankets except for a very thin bed cover & the second night I was cold. The first night my husband was cold.
The desk chair is broken and will not go up.
Last in order to flush the commode one needs to hold the handle down to flush it clearly. This is a concern because basically it can lead to it being totally broken.
Last the breakfast quantity is very low. The only thing one can be sure of getting past 8:45 is juice. I am sure that the staff is putting out all that they have but the first morning we went down there was not hardly any cereal left. (Of course none of it was gluten free.)
Normally I like to leave positive reviews but unfortunately not for this stay & having stayed at another Best Western in Maine in the Bangor area we thought this would be better.

Room tip: Call first for availability
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2021

I chose this hotel as it was near the conference I was attending over the weekend, plus I had had a great stay at another Best Western last month.
I was initially pleased with my room, as I was traveling with my dogs and the room had direct access to a lovely grassy area outside, and a little deck just outside the room, too! The room was neat and clean enough, and also fairly spacious.
First issue I noticed was the sink taps were reversed. The hot was on the right and the cold on the left. Then I noticed that the toilet seat didn't really fit the commode, and my legs touched the cold porcelain on the front lip of the bowl. The refrigerator was set to freezing, and everything I put in there became frozen. There was no temperature control, so I could not adjust it.
The breakfast room is rather dim, and didn't appear to actually be functional at first glance. I asked the front desk if there was breakfast, and they pointed into the dim room. The choices were slim.
On my third and final night, my next door neighbors apparently decided to have a party. They had a barbecue grill set up outside and brought a lamp out to set on the table. The light leaked into my room, but this was not the worst problem.
At 11pm, I sort of thought I heard the noise becoming less. Sadly, I was mistaken. At 12:30am, I finally decided to call the front desk. Imagine my surprise when I groped around in the dark and found NO PHONE in the room. I picked up my cell phone and had to google the hotel phone number in order to call the front desk, just adding to my irritation.
The person who answered told me they would call the room next to mine to ask them to quiet down. I am not sure what they actually did, since there were no phones in the rooms. At 1:00am, I called the front desk again, as the noise level was exactly the same. After a dozen or so rings, someone finally answered, and this time I was much much more adamant. Several minutes later, the light went out and the loud voices outside my window stopped.
I had a 6:30 alarm set, a full day at a conference, and a long drive home after. When I was ready to leave the hotel in the morning, I decided to check out at the front desk and mention the night before. The young lady said, "I'm so sorry" and went back to her computer. It didn't sound very sincere, and I probably should have asked to speak with a manager at that point. But, I wanted to get to my conference.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2021

Close, convenient, economical, welcoming, dog-friendly, this is perfect for families when visiting Bowdoin. We particularly like the rooms with decks and access to the lawn behind when traveling with a dog.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 31 May 2021

Located just off Route 1, this hotel was in a good location for us to see Bath, and then head north. Beautiful area, with plenty of great restaurants. Desk clerk was very nice, room was clean and neatly appointed. Bed was very comfortable. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2021