“Best Lobster Roll of Ten-Day Trip to Mid-Coast Maine”
Review of Rhumb Line

Rhumb Line
Ranked #24 of 56 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I thought the lobster roll at Rhumb Line was even better than the world-famous roll at Red's in Wiscasset. And, at least when I was there, it was $4 less. The steamers were good, but not the best I had in the area. Location is lovely; more laid back than on the other side of the harbor. Well worth seeking out.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Been searching for steamers this trip and found a good stash here. Taste and plentiful. The lobster was done right. Fish tacos satisfied the kids but they did say they were a bit spicy....as they should be. Servers were attentive and the place has a great party ambiance.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Had the seafood salad with "whelk" ,which I looked up first, and a skinny drink ,with Titos vodka and strawberries and thyme.

Simply sublime!

This is a place for foodies. Price is fair and Camden harbor view extraordinary!

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Although out of the way, Rhumb Line proved to be anything but bad. A lunch visit proved that the restaurant had great food, a great location, and pretty good service. Homemade lemonade, kale salad, and fish tacos were some highlights. Wonderful visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

As a local who has been to the Rhumb Line several times for drinks, I was looking forward to my first dinner there. I like a beautiful setting, and the view of the harbor is lovely. I had never closely reviewed the menu previously, which is my mistake, because once seated I realized my choice as a non-seafood eater was a strip steak or a burger. I don't like burgers but fortunately I love steak. At $28 for a strip steak, I was expecting something delicious. It was a long wait. A party of eight people were seated at the same time we were, Three other parties of 4 were seated after us. They were all served before we were. When I suggested to the waitress that we had been waiting quite a while, she defensively replied that my steak took longer to prepare than my partner's order of blackened haddock on greens. 30 minutes? No apology, no "I'll check on that." Just rudeness. When our meal finally came, my partner's meal was very good (he says). My steak, which I would have expected was fresh off the grill, since it was the said reason for the delay, was luke-warm and dry. The accompanying "crisp" potatoes were well seasoned, but saturated in oil and very hard. Midcoast Maine has many excellent restaurants with scenic views, way too many for me to ever need to return to the Rhumb Line again, for a below average meal and below average service.

3  Thank cinallen22