“Great bakery”

The Cookie Jar Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Cape Elizabeth
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have been looking for a bakery locally that offered a variety of products at a reasonable price. This is the place for sure and their pastries and breads are out of this world! Thank you Cookie Jar for filling the void we had for so long!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I was told prior to my recent trip to Maine that this was THE place to go for "the best donuts in the world". Now, being a foodie, I've had my fair share of donuts from around the world, so that was a really statement.
Personally, they are not the best I've ever had, but I visited twice during my trip and ended up really liking it the second time around.
It's certainly a no frills, old fashioned bakery. It's not a sparkling hipster paradise like a lot of other donut shops, which is perfectly ok. I really, really liked the molasses donut holes and the blueberry donut holes. In fact, I've been craving them ever since I left Maine! The actual donuts are absolutely massive and very heavy. More bang for your buck, I suppose!
Certainly worth a visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped after visiting Fort Williams. Great stop. Excellent donuts and very friendly. Very reasonable.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My husband raves about the cinnamon doughnuts and no trip to Maine is complete without a stop. For me it's a step back in time to the family owned bake shop software my childhood

Reviewed 13 September 2017

everything fresh and excellent choices all your childhood favorites ., cakes, cream rolls,,eclairs and more.