“Food is wonderful, handicap accessible not so much”

Cape Neddick Lobster Pound
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We love this restaurant and go back whenever in Maine. The food is wonderful -- the Clam Chowder is probably the best we've had. The restaurant unfortunately is not handicap accessible and we did not realize it until arrival this trip with friends who one is in a wheelchair. There is no ramp for a wheelchair. No place to eat dinner that does not have stairs. The restaurant staff is helpful and offered to carry the person in the wheelchair but.....probably will skip it next time.

1  Thank Kathy N

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Great staff, fast seating no problem. We even got a band for entertainment .... ( turn it down a few notches please it's a restaurant not a disco!) This place also uses world class ingredients it's location ensures that and they charge accordingly. I don't have s problem with that we came to eat good seafood... and we did BUT from the several dishes I sampled tonight no one can convince me they understand the concept of less is more ( my 13 year old son stated this fact!) to much white wine and garlic, double helpings of lemon distorting the flavours of the star player meats and fish ..... I'm sure the chefs will angrily retort our view but as a fellow food maker the less of more holds a lot of weight when dealing with world class ingredients.... and if you're going to charge me New York prices be New York standard .... summary ok but have had better

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Cape Neddick Lobster Pound is a place I have known for many years, but first took my family (wife and four kids) last summer for a family dinner out while vacationing nearby. This year, we were staying again in our favorite place, and the last night before the end of our vacation decided to go back. I was as pleased as last year, and still found the restaurant very inviting for families. We have two younger and two older children in the late teens, and with one additional guest this year, the meals are well sized and still reasonable. All seafood in the area is great, but our experience here has been terrific, and everyone in the family eating seafood is an extreme rarity. They do just about everything well at Cape Neddick, and without much fanfare. It is a "tourist trap" in many regards, but locals still go and hang out at the bar or eat in the restaurant too. I would recommend the place and plan to return again. The scenery out the windows - right along the river - is great as well. Tides bring changes to the views, and sunset (dusk) brings darkness to the dining room itself, but it all adds to the experience. Bring the kids!

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

On the positive side, the server was very friendly and professional. Also, the view from the outdoor seating is beautiful Dash a great spot.
On the negative side,the food was very mediocre. The chowder was only lukewarm, and was so salty that we could not eat it. It was very thick, too, with a consistency closer to pudding.
This was our first visit, but we left wishing we had gone to one of our favorites. The location is beautiful, and I am hoping that our experience was atypical.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We are from Canada coming to this restaurant for many years, and it is the last time.
Hostess very rude and unwelcoming. We ere there last summer with a group of 5 same attitude, we tried it again this year and the same poor hospitality, the hostess very rude The food good as always and the waitress did her best.

6  Thank jerryturcotte