“Wonderful food, great ambience”

Pentagoet Inn Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Castine
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I love the menu at the Pentagoet, and I especially love the bar. Listening to jazz on the porch every Tuesday night is also one of my favorites to do in Castine.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

My guests always enjoy the experience of dining here. It is most gracious. Food is presented well and always delicious. Reservations are needed in the season, as it is very popular.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

My husband and I have eaten here many times when we staying at the Pentagoet Inn .
Wonderful food. Always an interesting dinner menu using local vegetables and seafood. Excellent wine list.
Staff were cheerful, and efficient.
Great breakfast, with a selection of fruit and yogurts, pastries and choice of eggs.
Delicious!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Although the Pentagoet does a small plate menu this season, a change from other years, the food is consistently good. Love the halibut, crab cakes, and the mussels were to die for! We just enjoyed another really good dinner. The service is exceptional. Thank you Jack and Julie and all the staff. We will see you in the spring!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Loved our meal at the Inn. The lobster and linguine small plate may have been the most divine food I've had in a long time--and I love food! I wanted to lick the plate! I like the set small plate offerings and the nightly special of 2 large plate entrees. Staff lovely. Jack's Bar is worth the trip in itself!.. Can't wait to go back!