“Out of business”

Bull Moose Lounge
Ranked #9 of 12 Restaurants in Dexter
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Sorry to see it go. It was a good place for the kids to get an ice cream in the summer. When they were on business there prices were high. Their food was good but rather expensive.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Not fancy, trendy or expensive, just good! The Bullmoose Lounge has recently changed ownership and it appears for the better. The new owner is renovating both the motel rooms [I did not see them] and other areas of the property. My experience was the lounge where I had theTuesday $4.99 cheeseburger special with fries. Oh my heavens. Delicious and way more than I could eat. Probably had the best Bloody Mary ever! The best part of dining at the Bull Moose Lounge for me was Casey, the owner's dog. Very friendly and just darned adorable!

Reviewed 2 January 2015

I'm a biased reviewer, as I went to the Lounge on New Year's Eve because my brother is in Non Profit (the band), but it was a great time with a lot of rowdy, but non-combative, revelers. The buffet that was set up was truly delicious!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We live in the area and really like the pizza here. Last week we went for a few drinks and waited SO long for one of the bartender/waitresses to come back. They wouldn't make eye contact and apparently were sharing customers, but seemed to be in some bizarre power struggle to see who could avoid doing anything. Thankfully, one of the kitchen workers brought the food out to us with silverware, etc. I plan to ask Robert Irvine to please help this place...Several people we know have reported the same terrible, almost begrudging service here. We probably won't go back for quite awhile, hoping there is an entire turnover before our return. I cannot imagine what that pub is like on a Saturday night with a band and full house.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Our first (and likely last) visit to the Bull Moose Lounge was on a brilliant October morning. Upon arrival for breakfast, we were neither greeted or seated. The woman whom we asked if we could sit anywhere we wanted did not reply. We seated ourselves, without menus. We observed there was only one waitress for the entire room. We also observed a party of seven people sitting at a large table. Eventually the waitress noticed us and brought menus and took drink orders. It was at least ten minutes before she returned with the beverages and took our order. As we waited (and waited) we saw two parties who had been there when we arrived get up and leave before their food came. After 55 minutes, our breakfast order arrived. My corned beef breakfast was minus some of the meat that was supposed to be included. I didn't bother trying to flag the waitress down. The eggs were overcooked, the home fries were undercooked, the wheat toast was obviously an inexpensive grocery store variety and the corned beef hash was the canned product available on any supermarket shelf. Significant other said her pancakes were good and the portion was generous. We overheard a woman who seemed to be in charge, the same one who had ignored us earlier, give other patrons who had waited for their food half off on their bill. No such offer was made to me and she was right there when I went up to the counter to pay the bill.

Been to Bull Moose Lounge? Share your experiences!