“Great family place for breakfast and lunch”
Review of Sylvia's Cafe

Sylvia's Cafe
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I have gone to Sylvias multiple times. I usually get the oatmeal with fresh raspberries. its deliscious and helps me stay on my weight watchers diet. I love to pop in on occasion for lunch when I'm able. They serve some of the regular meals that people always tend to like and they always have specials trying different types of meals. I love the variety. I also love the staff there. They treat you like family.

1  Thank Alison C

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I have been eating at Sylvia's for years and they never disappoint!! Had an awesome breakfast and lunch. Waitress kept our coffee hot and filled. Being a local, it will always be a go to place for me and my family. See you again soon!

1  Thank Sanborel
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Sylvia's Cafe is our favorite place to eat in Ellsworth, Maine! The food is always fresh and cooked to perfection. The staff is friendly, efficient and quick, always asking if you need anything else, coffee refill, etc.The owners and staff always go out of their way to please everyone. Anyone who says anything derogatory towards Sylvia's knows less about food than they do about manners. We have never had a bad meal at Sylvia's and tend to go there 3-4 times/week.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Have been eating here for years and its delicious and inexpensive. Dont come here if youre expecting multiple Michelin stars...just as you wouldnt go to the Gobi desert to find water.

Come here if you like good diner food in a good diner environment and especially visit Sylvias if you have the skills needed to function as a rational adult AN can wipe your own butt without a map and instructions.

Gordon Ramsey doesn't cook here. Celine Dionne doesnt perform here. Regular people eat and work here. It gets busy sometimes, and its staffed by humans...so sometimes the staff seems impatient while the customer stares at the
menu theyve had on their table for 20 minutes, even though the customer had indicated they were ready to order.

If you can avoid being a super needy person who makes themselves feel better by abusing the help and leaving grossly inaccurate reviews that are full of BS and snark...this is the place for you!

1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 15 August 2017

My family recently went thru a tragic loss. I needed to eat, having been to Sylvia's for many years in, it was a wonderful comfort to go there. The staff were great to us, the food as always was soooo good!! And family paid for our breakfast (Thank-You) !! I would recommend Sylvia's to anyone!! A great place with wonderful food!!

1  Thank Jay C