All reviews renovated room keurig machine mini fridge stay there again walmart tv
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Cancellation charges underhanded when acts of weather prevent arrival due to safety.
Their cancellation policy is thusly, "In the event, you must cancel with less than 48 hours, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation." I was charged two nights, even though I did call, unfortunately not the 48 hours. Maine was blessed with a significant snow storm the day of check-in and the safety of hauling a trailer was not something I would risk my employees for. Then I was told an employee at the hotel indicated I was unsure if we were coming. Untrue. As a business owner I can not function in such a wishy-washy manner and be able to work with the lodging facilities we frequent during the year. So many other Maine lodging facilities will work with you on off season if you are unable to make your check-in. So whatever your issue may be, if you unexpectantly have one, don't chance it here. Especially for business and if it affects your bottom line for a job. It's too bad, the room rates are reasonable and my employees had no complaints otherwise.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 April 2017

Good Morning,
I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our policy. As a small family owned business we rely on our revenue to sustain our business. Unfortunately we have had to enforce this policy as we cannot afford to have reservation no-shows. Our staff gives courtesy calls when a guest has not arrived by 10:00 pm. To compromise in this situation we have credited you one night towards your reservation, and mailed you the credit notice. We also have no control over the weather, and try to accommodate all of our guests the best way we can.
We would be glad to be able to accommodate your employees in the future. As they enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2017

This was always a convenient stop before heading to Sugarloaf but was just that. Now The bathrooms have been upgraded as has the heating. The furnishings,the towels, the decor, tv etc have all been improved. There is now a microwave in addition to the mini fridge. And a keureg ( so?). And the people are very pleasant. So a convenient stop is now pretty pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We had a king room. It was very clean. The front desk staff were pleasant people and easy to deal with. Towels were nice, thick and soft. Shower was GREAT. It was the large walk in type. Room was big and very comfortable. We had a great stay at the Colonial Valley. We were able to park right outside our door. A real plus for loading and unloading luggage. Only a short drive to Dews Animal Sanctuary .

Room Tip: If you can use AARP the price was unbeatable for the area.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2016

My wife and I and occasionally our grandson have stayed at the Colonial Valley in the past. The beds were comfortable and because on each occasion, we stayed several days, the rooms were more than adequate. On this visit, things were different. It took two days to fix the towel rack that fell to the floor on our first night. A Keurig coffee maker was in the room, but one had to go to the office to get one of the packets. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom sink was the smallest we've encountered in our many stays at hotels. The bathtub/shower was adequate - barely. We were disappointed because in the past, the Colonial Valley was something we looked forward to on our trips to Farmington. In the future, we may look somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Nice little "retro" motel in town. Rooms are small and old but clean and neat. Check in and out was hassel free.

Our king bed had a very hard mattress and all 3 pillows were super thick and very firm. Way too thick for our comfort.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends