“Maple Custard Ice Cream!”
Review of Mainely Custard

Mainely Custard
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Freeport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 August 2015

I really like ice cream so I decided to try this thing called Custard. I've had coconut custard pie before but was not sure what custard ice cream would taste like. Was I ever blown away when I experienced the maple custard ice cream for the first time...I ordered the large size and I'm glad I did!. I was camping in the area and decided to come back the next day...and the next day... On the final day they were serving up chocolate malt...I'm not a chocolate ice cream fan...but the custard ice cream still tasted really good. They always have vanilla and a flavor or the day. My favorite candy is Maple Sugar and therefore my first visit was just the right day to show up. It's a good thing I don't live close by...oh we'll, there's always next summer.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

The best dessert product we've ever, ever, EVER eaten. Frozen custard from Mainely Custard will be a Maine must-stop from now on.

Reviewed 10 July 2015 via mobile

If you love ice cream, you will LOVE this place. The portions are generous and custard is incredibly good!

Reviewed 9 July 2015

The custard is really creamy and the topping choices are good.

I know this may seem petty but I wanted a simple cup of water to drink with my dessert and they directed me to a drinking fountain that supposedly had cups. I found just the fountain but there were no cups - When I went back to report that the cups were out and they told me I had to pay for an empty cup - 35 cents! really?!?

What they lack in providing simple customer service they make up for in the quality of the custards they serve. ...I am just glad they didn't charge me extra for the spoon.

I would recommend this place and like that they are open until 9 PM so you don't have to be rushed to get there after dinner. ...just bring your own cup if you want water with your treat.

Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

And they did not mess it up. Custard is much superior to ice cream when it is properly made. I had a special daily variety called brownie d'lite, that was delicious.

Do note, Mainely Custard is a cash only establishment.