“Excellent food and service ”

Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #34 of 60 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Dined with spouse in back dining room. Lovely, relaxing, understated decor. Outstanding service. Excellent entrees. I had the beef "shisk" and my spouse had the chicken kabobs. Both were masterfully marinated and grilled to perfection. I ordered the house salad to preceed the meal. It was just okay. The dressing was very flavorful but the vegetables looked to me to have been chopped or shredded for some of their other menu items and not for a dinner salad. It was difficult to eat because of that. The chocolate hazelnut baklava was superb. Extra "props" for our server who was attentive, knowledgeable and very friendly. We will dine here again.

Reviewed 20 March 2016

My husband and I ended up here one Friday night because the restaurant we were going to go to had a wait of 45 minutes. This one was nearby and didn't have any wait. We were dubious when we walked in because there was only one other table occupied but gave it a go and were pleasantly surprised.

We ordered the Sigara Borek for an appetizer which is Filo dough rolled with feta cheese mixed with dill and lightly fried. It was crisp and light and hot with a very mild flavor.

For dinner I had the Mussaka which is layers of potatoes, grilled eggplants, onions, zucchini, mozzarella cheese, and ground lamb with the chef's special bechamel sauce. My husband had Iskender which is an authentic Turkish dish of homemade Doner/Gyro thinly sliced, served over pita bread with a homemade tomato sauce on top and a yogurt dill sauce on the side.

We enjoyed our meals quite a bit. My Mussaka came out looking like a brown blob but it tasted excellent. It was very flavorful and didn't have a strong lamb taste. My husband enjoyed his Iskender, particularly the yogurt dill sauce.

For dessert I had chocolate baklava and my husband had white chocolate raspberry cheesecake which he devoured.

I would strongly recommend this restaurant if you are willing to step outside of your comfort zone. Everything was well prepared and flavorful and the service was excellent. It serves Turkish and Greek food, not what most Americans think of when they think of Mediterranean food.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

We stopped in for a late afternoon lunch on a beautiful Mother's Day after trying a couple of other restaurants that had a very long wait. We didn't know what to expect, but were excited to see the menu options. We had 2 very picky kids with us who ordered from the grown-ups menu and LOVED their meals. We all ended up sharing because all of the meals were so good, especially the shrimp skewers & scallops. Any time we go out to eat in Freeport, the girls always ask to go back to the Mediterranean Grill. During the warmer season they have fabulous outdoor seating available on a beautiful deck.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Went there with a good friend for little R&R with a few beers during the Christmas shopping season '15. I like the place but haven't eaten here in over 3 years, nothing bad just haven't had the time. Well, the beer selection is not that great though the beers are good. The ambience/atmosphere was a bit muted since we were there between 3:30pm and 5pm on both occasions. But the service was good and staff very pleasant. Will be heading back for food soon. Last I remember, my wife was not all that sold on it (3 of 5 star then) but that was years ago.

Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

Food is very authentic. I come with my friends from the Mediterranean and Turkey and they would approve the menu for everyone!