“A Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Y U Take Out

Y U Take Out
Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Hancock
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We were looking for a local seafood restaurant with good prices. YU was just what we had been looking for. Two lobster rolls, heavy on properly cooked meat with just enough mayonaise as the dressing and rolls that were not overly bready. YUm! and only $19 total for the two. The fried shrimp were also properly cooked - not overdone, and a light breading that did not detract from the taste of the shrimp.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants an easy take out meal. We ate at the picnic tables out front.
They sell MOXIE, which always brings back good new england memories.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I was surprised to find authentic and delicious Korean food in the small Maine town of Franklin. The spicy pork with rice was excellent and so were the wantons (which were actually Korean mandu). My boyfriend had the lobster roll which was also fresh and delicious. The next day on our way to a fishing trip, we picked up a couple of burgers and fries which hit the spot on the rainy boat! Fries were crisp, burger yummy. Really good, quick little place

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I'm conflicted on this one. While the crab burger and fried shrimp I've had there have been good (let's say 4 stars) the place needs some sprucing up and a smiling pleasant face behind the window. I've eaten at many a clam shack but the picnic tables here need a paint job and new tablecloths (1 star) - pretty yucky, I would eat in my car. The grounds could use some decluttering. Lots of potential for this place (fond memories when it was a hot dog shack with Datil Dogs) but once Jordan's opens back up in August (hopefully) that's where we'll be returning to if things don't improve. And the counter person really needs to be personable (1 star). But, as I said, the food was fine. They do have Gifford's ice cream which is a plus - Maine Black Bear which is only available at restaurants/drive-ins.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Not much to look at but the Haddock was excellent. Good size portions for a very reasonable price. We stopped by twice during our visit to the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Surprising delicious. A combination seafood and Vietnamese. Food was fresh and seems cooked to order. No frills. Will visit again!