“Great view, decent food, good staff”

Estes Lobster House
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Harpswell
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Stopped here for late lunch/early dinner one day after visiting Land's End on Bailey Island. The place was rather slow due to our odd hour I suspect, but the wait staff was great, and the food didn't take too long to come out, though I did feel it was kind of long considering there was only one other group in the restaurant at the time.

That being said, we all had a variety of things from the menu including lobster, lobster roll, chicken tenders and kids meals and we were all pleased.

We sat outside and watched the tide go out. Enjoyed the view, the food and the whole experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Loved the food. They have other things besides lobster. But I have to say I loved the lobster best. The bar I am not as impressed with.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

As long as you aren't expecting fine dining, this is the most perfect spot to enjoy a lobster (or twin lobsters, reasonably priced)! I always get the lobsters and steamers, with an appetizer of amazing onion rings. There's no free drinking water which I assume is due to the location of the restaurant, on a narrow peninsula surrounded by water. They also use plastic cups and paper plates, which I figure is to save on wastewater that would be created from washing dishes, which would be no small amount of water considering the numbers of guests they must get on an average day, let alone a busy one. These things don't matter to me in the slightest, because the quality of the steamed lobsters and clams is unmatched and I don't mind paying for a bottle of Poland Spring Water or Pure Leaf iced tea. Right now (late June) it's the season for soft shells, so the lobster melts in your mouth, and you don't need crackers to open the claws. If you plan to be in the Brunswick area or would like to plan a road trip, I'd be VERY surprised if you were disappointed. In reading the poor reviews, I just can't agree.

1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Dinner was OK. Chowder was good. Staff was amazing! ! On the patio was beautiful at sunset, would make a great first date

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Maine Lobster and cheap eats in the same sentence! This place is NOT a fine dinning establishment but just a GREAT Maine lobster house with a view of the ocean and lobster! Here it happens that sometimes you can get 3- one and a quarter pound lobsters for the price you would pay for ONE at the finer dinning establishments!
Also be aware that they are on a water restriction here and do not serve water or beverages free, they have bottled water and beverages for you to purchase.
My best title would be "cheap eats".... This is a casual dining experience and as long as you do not have as well as anywhere, alcoholic beverages you can get out of here with a VERY reasonable bill for a great lobster dinner!