“Good Food, Terrific Staff”
Review of Shamrock Cafe

Shamrock Cafe
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Houlton
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Small cozy cafe serving freshly made soups, salads, wraps and subs.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The Shamrock Cafe is a small quaint restaurant in Houlton Maine. I at an Italian sandwich there, I believe it was called "The Portland". The sandwich was large and filled generously with both meats and veggies. The bread was good but a bit dense. I also found it to be a bit on the pricey side, but overall I would rate it as very good. It's worth a try if you're in the Houlton, Maine area

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I found the use of green in this place enchanting. They have green napkins, green cups, green chairs, green thumb tacks, Irish quotes everywhere - I mean they know how 2 stick 2 a theme. I found the food underwhelming & they were sold out of stuff - like the bread I wanted my sandwich on. And we were the only people in the restaurant & the waitress took like 10min to come to our table.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Food was amazing, pick your own items they make your sub. I had a sub and my wife had a soup sandwich, all home made bread and fresh ingredients. WIll definately be returning.

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Quite possibly THE best soup I have ever had!!! I had the chowder and a ham and cheese panini my boyfriend had the Hungarian wild mushroom soup and the same sandwich-AMAZING is the only way to describe it-you MUST check this place out!!! Very well priced, clean,quaint and friendly staff :)

1  Thank Pattithomas
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We had lunch here on June 27 2016. My husband had a build your own sub and I had the chicken Texas panini. Very delicious! My husband loved his sandwich and said it was one of the best he's had. Very good prices. The place is very clean. Don't pass this by!

Been to Shamrock Cafe? Share your experiences!