All reviews sister property goose rocks beach front porch hidden pond watermelon my husband and i chairs and umbrellas no elevator beach service rooms are small ocean view cape cod short drive two nights hot breakfast get away free bikes
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We've been coming to the Tides for about the last 5-6 years. My wife and I have noticed that the "crispness", the delivery of a top notch experience has diminished. Food in the restaurant was so-so, the staff was very friendly, but it used to be a 9+, now its a solid 7.

Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank kevinsocks
TBCGeneralManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear kevinsocks,

Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am saddened to hear that after your many stays with us throughout the years, that your experience this season did not meet your expectations. I would like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience further in hopes that we can improve on the details that once made your memories and experiences here at the Tides so special.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via email at enelson@tidesbeachclubmaine.com or by telephone at 207-967-3757.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I have been going here now for the last 4 years, I must say this is one of my favorite places to go and relax. Great staff, great location, beach right across the street and the food and drinks are fantastic.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear stephenpolansky,

Thank you for your review! It has been such a pleasure welcoming you season after season to the Tides. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year for another one of your favorite signature cocktails, and a walk on the beach!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

A fun Get away weekend with friends. My friends set up all the arrangements and they did a good job.
The hotel is nice and the amenities they offer, I felt were nice too. Great breakfast in the morning, access to free bikes, kayaks and shuttle into town
( though pick up is at 10pm )

It was our friends 1st year-wedding anniversary and we were in the wedding party, so we wanted to celebrate with them. (The Hotel didn’t off we any anniversary celebrations package/ gifts like they do for Birthdays etc )

This is nice hotel but I feel a tad expensive for what you get and being also for being in Maine. The Staff is nice and rooms are good but they’re small. Bathroom is smaller too.
Our rug was worn down in the room but the bed was super comfortable and they use excellent linens ( which are two very very important things to me ) The linens were the same quality I find when staying at the Ritz. ( But no chocolate on my pillow before bed , no complimentary bottled water in my room )

We got a room without a view and it was over $500 per night. This is the room rate all the way through the end of September. If you’re comfortable with $500+ a night and accustomed to experiencing luxury, when you pay this type of rate, well this is not luxury. The room is clean and I’d give a ranking of good all around.
Location is good, comfort of bed I feel was very good, linens on bed excellent, towels were average, staff very good and polite. So I’d recommend staying here but again it’s not a 5 star hotel but you do pay 5 star pricing.

If you’re seeking a clean hotel ( small 21 rooms) nice staff, comfortable beds and want a hotel on the beach and can afford spending 5 star pricing, then I’d recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear henry1031,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent getaway to Kennebunkport. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our onsite amenities like our complimentary beach cruiser bicycles, evening shuttle to downtown Kennebunkport, and kayak and paddleboard rentals. All of our guest rooms feature frette linens and malin + goetz bath amenities, I am glad that you found them to be comfortable during your stay! Each guest room is also stocked with complimentary bottled poland spring water upon check in, and is refreshed twice daily, including during our nightly turndown service should you elect to receive the service.

I hope that you will find yourself in the area again for another getaway soon. Following the Labor Day holiday, our rates decrease and continue to do so as we get into the Fall months with an average rate around $300 per night. We hope to welcome you back to the Tides again very soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I like to call it my happy place! It is an amazing property that has it all. Rooms: I have stayed in 4 different ones, they are all have little trade off but all are great. They have these big doors they close at night to help keep it quiet and if you are in third floor they have a small stand if you need a water or a nosh.
Lobby/Dining room. Great hang out very cool to people watch and everyone is super friendly. Even if you don’t stay I would stop by for a drink they make amazing cocktails. Try the blackberry mojito (off menu sorry Ben) or any of the signature drinks. Porch. My favorite place in the world!!! Rocking chairs with a great views of the ocean. Even on the not nice days it an awesome place to sit. The drinks I mentioned above, have one here, rock away in the chairs and watch your troubles disappear. Now I am not a beach person but they have attendants to get you set up and everyone I talk to on property says it’s great. Why is all of this so amazing one word EMILY! She is the property GM. She started at the front desk and worked her way to the top quickly because she is that good! Knows everything that is going on, knows most if not all of the guests names and makes you feel like you are the ultimate VIP. If you think I saying this about just me I’m not. I have seen her with other guest and she is the same with all. You see her check guests in, carry bags to peoples room run then restaurant host stand, bring towels to your room...she does whatever it takes to make the property run smoothly. Can’t wait to get back next year

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BethesdaMike
TBCGeneralManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear BethesdaMike,

Thank you for your glowing review of the Tides, we are so thankful to have guests like you return season after season to enjoy the property. As you mention, each of our rooms is unique in layout and location but each have upscale touches including petite marble bathrooms, Frette linens and Malin + Goetz bath amenities.

Our beach tender service is the perfect way to enjoy Goose Rocks Beach. We have everything you need for the perfect beach day from chaise lounges, umbrellas, and lunch served right to your chair. Pre or post beach, the front porch is certainly the best place to enjoy a cocktail from the bar, or even your morning cup of coffee with a pastry from our complimentary breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again next season!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Stayed two nights for a birthday weekend in early June, just before the peak season began. You are paying for the locale, directly across the street from one of the nicest sand beaches in Maine. Mornings were quiet, starting with an excellent breakfast served by the restaurant followed by spectacular walks along the beach. Service was very good during the entirety of our stay. The hotel itself is nicely appointed, but could use a bit of updating in some rooms and common areas. Very noisy and busy in the afternoons and early evenings when the outside porch and bar are in full swing. Definitely a midweek stay is best.

Room tip: We could barely see the ocean from our oceanview room. You need to be in the rooms directly over the front porch for the best ocean views.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TBCGeneralManager, General Manager at The Tides Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear kevinjlorenc,

Thank you for choosing to spend your birthday with us at the Tides! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast each morning of your stay. It sounds like you were able to enjoy our location right across from Goose Rocks Beach for both long walks and taking in the views from the porch. We hope to welcome you back soon for another getaway!