Lodge at Turbat's Creek(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$169
US$426
US$349
Harbor Inn(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$469
Ocean Woods Resort(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$189
Groupon.com
US$459
The Breakwater Inn and Spa(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$409
US$369
Agoda.com
The Lodge on the Cove(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$399
Travelocity
The Tides Beach Club(Kennebunkport)
US$599
Colony Hotel(Kennebunkport)(Great Value!)
US$469
All reviewstapas stylemy husband and icookiessea saltapple tvgas fireplacesmall platesnew englandbed and breakfastb b'sliving roombreakfast was deliciousevery morningget awayshops and restaurantsthe location is perfectwonderful hosts
Reviewed 9 January 2009

The Captain Fairfield Inn is unpretentious, but inviting and refined. The historic house sparkled for the holidays and the innkeepers, Loryn and Finn were hospitable, available and genuinely interested in our well-beling. The inn is scupulously clean and well appointed, the furnishings are simple with a touch of elegance. From the comfy fireside sitting room to the afternoon treats, all effort is to make the guests feel at home, but in a simple, quiet way.

I'd recommend the inn for anyone who wants to be in-town Kennebunkport, close to the river and great beaches, no matter whether it's summer or winter. Our innkeepers were attentive without being intrusive and served awesome gourmet breakfasts!

There are more ornate and formal B and Bs in Kennebunkport - but we think they're overdone. Captain Fairfield is so comfortable because it is understated, with the fine lines of an old country house and the charm of someone's private home.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2009

Our family met at the Captain Fairfield Inn for my wife's birthday
celebration over the Christmas Holiday 2008. There were 8 of us. We were looking for a good location relative to the sea,
snow related events, air travel, Freeport, Me, and the quaint,
cozy atmosphere of New England. We found it all in the Captain Fairfield Inn.
I was impressed with the attention to detail offered to the guests of the Inn. The Inn Keeper established a rapport with the family
through phone calls and email far ahead of our arrival. His advise and recommendations were invaluable in the total success of our visit to Maine. He never missed a call with regards to where and when we should do things. Our shopping,
sleigh ride, and dining was totally outstanding ...thanks to Finn
MacDonald, the Inn Keeper. In addition, the food was totally
wonderful and worthy of royality. I have traveled the world for
a lifetime, and I would rank our stay in this Kennebunkport B & B
in the top 1 % of all the places I have ever stayed.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 January 2009

It was our first time in Maine and Finn and Loryn (the Inn Keepers) made our stay as delightful as it ever could have been. They were very attentive to the needs of the family and fun to be with as well. The rooms were very well kept, clean and most of all comfortable! The breakfasts were delicious and the snack cookies in the evening were a nice "welcome home". I couldn't think of staying anywhere else if we go back. I can't wait to book the return trip.
I recommend this B&B for sure!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Simply stated, the service, atmosphere, and location were exemplary. And for a fraction of the cost of the surrounding Inns, why would anyone choose to stay anywhere else? Finn's attention to detail and care for my family was without compare and we will always remember our Mom's birthday celebration in Maine! Our room, the 'Kennebunkport,' was wonderfully cozy and comfortable - a favorite from many Inn experiences...

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2009

For my 70th Birthday, on the day after Christmas, my whole family took me to the most charming Bed and Breakfast ...the Captain Fairfield Inn... in the quaint little New England town of Kennebunkport, ME . I truly thought I had died and gone to heaven. The Christmas lights shown on the snow and made it all look like a fairyland. The Inn itself was just lovely in everyway. It was clean, well appointed, comfortable and inviting. I was ready to stay there forever. Our innkeepers, Finn McDonald and Loryn Kipp were simply the sweetest young couple and so welcoming. We all accepted them right into our family. They were ready to accommodate us in whatever way they could and they did it with grace, and ease and with big smiles on their faces. I just loved them. The rooms were so comfortable and we loved the instant gas fireplaces, the heavenly beds and bedding, the amenities in the bathrooms, the cheerful views, the welcoming fire in the living room in the late afternoonsand evenings....there was absolutely nothing missing in this wonderful experience. My daughter and my husband called them often during the planning of this most wonderful surprise, and each time were greeted with a positive and willing to please attitude every time. It continued through our whole stay, which didn't last nearly long enough. The breakfasts were outstanding...so beautifully prepared and with such elegant presentation. I really felt like a queen! Every effort was made by Finn and Loryn (successfully I must add) to make sure I went home having experienced a sleigh ride...a lifelong dream of mine. I would love to return to this most special place again and would not hesitate for a minute to recommend the Captain Fairfield to all my friends with no exceptions! They deserve the highest rating...they certainly had it from our family!
Most sincerely,