2,026 results
All reviews portside lodge fairy garden lobster boat tour kids activities breakfast buffet view of the river kennebunk river free shuttle new england shuttle service newer building my husband and i adirondack chairs carriage house pineapple main building corner room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was only able to get away for one night and boy did I choose the right lodging property for my one night. It started with the reservation making where the staff person was knowledgeable and engaging. She spoke of the amazing breakfast that came with the booking and it was everything she said it would be (which is usually not the case). The food was hot and delicious with lots of choices. When you finished with your juice or plate someone was right there to pick it up and take it away and not being intrusive about it. The beds were comfy and the pillows perfect. My view was of the Kennebunk River and it was such a treat to be able to sit on the patio and enjoy all the scenes you hope for from a get away to the ocean. The boats were traveling out and back along the river and it was perfect. Then we walked to the other side where there were comfy chairs for all to sit and watch the happenings on the river. We sat there for about 2 hours and we didn't realize all that time had passed. Each and every person we encountered who worked there always took the time to say hi and always smiling. Good sign! Amazing and restful stay. My only observation that was not completely wonderful is they have a severe problem with parking. I am handicapped and require close parking. There were only two spaces available at the building I was staying in and one of the times we returned both spaces were taken. One space was taken by a car that had no business being in a handicapped space... no plate no hanging disabled card. I called the desk when we had to park on the other side of the road more than a football field away. They were friendly but there were no plates with that number on record there. Just be aware of the parking problem... it was pretty hard maneuvering the cars around there as well... there were two huge motor coaches that had the front parking spaces.

Room Tip: Be sure to be aware of the parking problems. Riverside rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Jean Ginn M, Owner at Nonantum Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello!
One night really isn’t enough to check out all of the amenities the Nonantum offers, let alone Kennebunkport but the good news is there is a lot of season left so why not come and see us again?
Our gift shop sells a lot of our bedding and pillows as folks just love it! Our supplier is Cuddledown, which is a Maine company. As a matter of fact, I have it on my bed at home and I am currently traveling. I cannot wait to get back to the very comfy Cuddledown sheets and pillows!
Thanks for writing!
Jean Ginn Marvin
Innkeeper

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Selected Nonantum Resort from reviews and various descriptions from travel guides.

The staff was attentive and very friendly. Checking in was made easier with front desk texting us when our room was ready.

A fantastic breakfast buffet was provided. The egg casserole was outstanding.

Location is on the water with lobster boats up and down the river. Wonderful setting for relaxing in the plentiful Adirondack chairs provided along the waterfront.

Easy access to the restaurants and shopping in the historic part of Kennebunkport. Hotel provides a free shuttle service, too.

One thing that I was not aware of was that Nonantum is a favorite stop for tour bus groups. A lot of activity as a result of different groups in and out each day. But, hotel does a good job of separating tour groups from the rest of their guests especially when it comes to the breakfast buffet.

Definitely a place worth staying!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Greetings!
Our staff does such an amazing job at making sure each of our guests feels welcomed and appreciated. Our “text you when your room is ready” has been a very successful program so that early arrivals receive an automatically generated text the moment Housekeeping finishes with the room.
Watching the lobster boats has to be the ultimate relaxation activity! Even in the cooler weather I see folks down by the waters edge each day just enjoying the sights! So fun!
Thanks for the great write up!
Jean Ginn Marvin
Innkeeper

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beautiful resort! First and foremost - excellent customer service and attention to detail, from the moment we arrived till the very end. We even forgot a package, and they kindly offered to mail it to us! Beautiful grounds (pool, several outdoor games, rentals for kayaks and other gear available) and nice water views. The food was delicious - the one served at the wedding, our breakfast (included), and the food we had at the pub and restaurant. They also offer frequent shuttle service to town. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice and clean. They even left ear plugs in our room (since there a couple of weddings happening that weekend; note that they only allow the party to go until 10:30pm). Overall, we loved it, hope to come back and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to visit Kennebunkport, ME.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I surprised my boyfriend with a weekend getaway to the Nonantum Resort and it was AMAZING!! We had the best time, the hotel was super cute, the staff was extremely accommodating, the resort is a few blocks from town (makes for a nice walk), the complimentary breakfast in the morning was delicious, there are tons of activities to do like kayaking and paddle boarding! We absolutely loved our stay and would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: ask for a view of the water!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My nephew and new niece could not have chosen a more wonderful venue for their wedding. The Nonantum staff gives new meaning to the phrase "above and beyond". It's as if the Resort is actually a very large private home. The staff ... EVERYONE .. was pleasant, helpful, cheerful and seemed to enjoy their job and helping people. I have traveled a good bit and NEVER had ear plugs and a 'white noise' machine provided in my room. The 'fairy garden' in front, the comfy and inviting rockers on the porch, the incredible view, games on the lawn, free shuttle to downtown, AMAZING food, and overall "Ambience" was perfect for our family and friends to enjoy and celebrate with the happy couple. Can you tell I LOVED IT.