“Disappointing”
Review of Marche

Marche
Reserve with OpenTable
Marche is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 110 Restaurants in Lewiston
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: French, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: Marche is a comfortable place to enjoy great food, drink, company and conversation. Come for lunch, dinner or late evening to enjoy upscale pub fare, exquisite small plates, craft beers, wine, and handcrafted cocktails. Come by for Sunday Brunch and our famous in-house bloody Mary mix. We now offer catering platters Monday - Saturday. We are closed for regular dining Mondays, booking private events for that day both large and small. We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I want to like this place. I really do. This was my third visit, and as on the previous two, Marche failed to hit the mark. Service was friendly but amateur. We were not given coffee until after we had placed our breakfast orders, then a single refill took forever. I ordered a breakfast burrito that was billed as including avocado and roasted corn salsa. What I got was an avocado-free tortilla with scrambled eggs and a few corn kernels. It was nothing I couldn't have made (and better) at home. Breakfast was marred by unrelenting and loud techno-pop music, a curious choice for the Sunday brunch crowd. No matter: We won't be back. Two burritos with home fries, two coffees and a bloody Mary: $43 with tax and tip.

1  Thank TravelingGirl43

Reviewed 19 December 2016

My wife and I went here for a few appetizers and drinks, and we were pleasantly surprised by the amazingly talented bartender - the drink selection was excellent, as was the wine we chose. The appetizers were good, not as great as I had expected. The lamb meatballs were a little undercooked for our taste, but still had good flavor.

1  Thank nicks60610
Reviewed 8 September 2016

I've wanted to try Marche for a while so finally stopped by last night with my husband. It was a quiet Wednesday night. The interior was very inviting with comfy seating and vintage advertising posters on the wall. The menu had all of my favs - brie, burrata, crepes, wine - it was difficult to choose. We spied our neighbor's meals and noted the portions were good sized. We settled on the Brie for an appetizer, Caesar salad, and the Crepes with chicken, artichoke, tomatoes, capers. Along with a Shlitz and a glass of wine from the Rhone Valley. I'm not sure what they did with the Brie but the word amazing doesn't come close to describing how delicious it was! (I wanted to lick the bowl.) The crepes were so yummy that we thought about ordering more. We left thinking about what we would order the next time we came....this was a first for us. We'll be back for sure - next time we'll order the Burrata app, another type of crepe, that yummy dessert I spotted, more wine, etc. We agreed that this was one of the best meals that we've had in a long time!

1  Thank 101lorianne
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

First time at this neighborhood restaurant. Had been billed as "unusual" and "excellent. Food was okay. Mediocre. Fresh, but nothing notable. Plate presentation was unremarkable. Service was friendly but inexperienced and unsophisticated at best. Poor attention to detail. Will probably go back and give them another try. I like to support local businesses.

1  Thank lbradford2003
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We had lunch here. The restaurant had a simple decor and the meals are very reasonably priced. For starters, I had the Baked Brie which was excellent. The Vegetable Crepe and the Caprese Crepe came in large double servings and so we couldn't finish the Asparagus Risotto. The Guinness Cheese Cake was really good, definitely worth a try. The highlight, however, was the service which was excellent and welcoming.

2  Thank teikngan