Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$99
Hotels.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
TravelocityUS$99
Agoda.comUS$99
Orbitz.comUS$99
All reviews hot water clean rooms pet friendly room owners and staff bed was comfortable maine office
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2022

I would like to write a positive review. I really would. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the wifi worked ,the hot water was good. But there were some things that were off putting, not just the small size. But things like this: the acoustic tile ceiling (like in an old office building), the fact that they don't trust their clients not to steal the hangers. And the last thing, that I noticed as I was unlocking the door to my room, it looked like someone had previously used some instrument to try to jimmy the lock open. Just make you uncomfortable, you know? Anyway, it was fine.

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

Recently returned from a trip to Maine with a friend who organized all of our lodging accommodations. When we pulled up to the Bluebird Motel, I admit my immediate reaction was concern, as I usually opt for a hotel chain. While my friend went in the office to check us in, I quickly went on my phone to check out some reviews. As I found many others have also stated, this motel was immaculately clean. It was very clear to me that the owners and staff prioritize and take pride in the cleanliness of their rooms. The rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. The price per night was more than reasonable and all the staff we came in contact with were extremely friendly. If you’re used to the Ritz or the Waldorf Astoria, this is probably not the place for you. However, if you’re traveling in or around Machias and need a clean reasonably priced place to spend a night or more, the Bluebird Motel is most definitely a decent option.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise. I am always hesitant to book budget motels because they are like a box of chocolates. You know, you don’t know what you’ll get. They may have great reviews and you get there and it’s like you have to be kidding, was someone drunk! Surprise, this place is great. Near everything and they have really hot water, clean rooms, beds that are okay and they let you bring your best four legged friend at a very reasonable additional cost. We liked it so much that we booked it again even though we had to readjust our route. I forgot to mention it is really quite and I love that you park right in front of your room. We have some expensive ebikes so that was a plus. The people that work there are super nice and seem happy to answer questions about the area.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NurseSherry
Reviewed 18 June 2021

My wife and I stayed 1 night, arriving at 2 PM. The nice owner acknowledged our reservation, took the card payment, verified the room was ready, then gave the key and pointed to the drive around back to the rear addition.
Here out of sight are many more rooms and I parked at #182, no smoking, spacious and nicely carpeted with 2 queens, dresser with coffee machine, refrigerator with a micro, desk and chair, 2 easy chairs and a fully outfitted bathroom with a tub shower. Room WIFI was good but the hot water came slowly as its boiler was on the other end of the motel.
This well managed old style motel has 40 rooms with a convenient Hannaford less than 1/2 mile north. We had a good stay for $92/night.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 22 May 2021

Our room was very spacious and clean. The bathroom reminded us of one from someone's house. We got good advice from the front desk personnel also. I would recommend this little establishment to anyone traveling in the area.

Date of stay: May 2021