“Upscale hipster food in an unexpected location at a good price”
Review of Camp

Camp
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Newry
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

The restaurant is tucked into one of the Sunday river hotel lobbies and probably could get by with whatever kind of food based on the captive audience of hotel guests but the food here is very very good - chef/kitchen made, not junk from food service companies. Local Pineland farms burgers are a plus. When we arrived a little after 5:00 the tables were empty but the host said they were all booked up with incoming reservations and suggested another restaurant. I was determined to get dinner there so he sent us to the bar where the bartender let everyone kids included sit at the bar while they made us a take out order that we brought back to the main ski lodge to eat. They even included biodegradable utensils, very impressive.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I ate breakfast here each day. It was always hot, very tasty, and enjoyable. Service was a little slow, and on one day they sat another couple at my table while I was up getting food... so it was awkward when I came back! Lunch and dinner looked too overpriced for me to try it here.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

This is a relatively expensive restaurant for Bethel Maine. It is, however, worth the cost, it stands separate from all the other local Bar food restaurants. The food is great, the service is pleasant, and the ambiance is jolly. Make a reservation if you decide to go.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here several times throughout my ski trip. Selection is limited, food is well prepared, service is excellent, comfortable ambiance. Ate both breakfast and dinner most days. Friendly staff, locals from area. Prices are higher due to location and the ease of not having to leave lodge, but well worth the experience. Will be back again next season

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I would definitely recommend making a reservation for those busy dining times. Our party of 9 did this and we were seated right away. The ambiance is great and I love the rustic touches in the space. It was great to have our kid da eating right away with the $10 all you can eat kids buffet! The kids definitely got their monies worth. As for adults the drink menu has a lot of choices between craft brews and wines and everything in between. The food menu also had a good variety of choices. As I was in Maine I had to go for a lobster roll. It was simple as it was served with butter but delicious! Also kudos to my Moscow Mule. The rest of my party got the cheeseburgers which looked really good. I will definitely be coming back.

Been to Camp? Share your experiences!