“Great Views and Great Food”
Review of Tan Turtle Tavern

Tan Turtle Tavern
Reviewed 12 August 2017

The Visitors Center recommended Tan Turtle. We sat on the deck on a lovely afternoon and enjoyed the great views. It is next to a hotel. No Wi-Fi but that is probably a good thing.
The waitress was a school teacher and was excellent.
The menu has something for everyone. Prices were typical for the area. The place was clean as were the bathrooms.
There is entertainment on some nights. There was a room that could hold private functions.
I had the sea food pasta. I was amazed at the abundance of sea food that came with it. Delicious because the cream was light and not thick and heavy. My husband got Shepard's Pie which he enjoyed. The bread had seasoning in it which was great.
Too full for desert.
I would go again because of the views, food, and staff.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was an unexpected surprise. We wanted to eat by the water and the marina was in view. I ordered the lobster roll and my husband had the " big sandwich" . My rolls were priced right and delish. My husbands sandwich was the biggest we have ever seen! Everyone on the deck exclaimed. It was enough for 3 more meals for us! A great price too!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We came for dinner - there was something for everyone on the menu! Lots of choices. Good wine list too. The Acadia Fish Stew was delicious with lots of seafood and the paella was delicious. The oysters were also delicious! Great meal - really enjoyed meeting Steve the owner. He was very personable and very gracious - thank you

Reviewed 29 July 2017

The portions were huge, unbelievably so, and the taste was okay. The menu was overwhelming, too. If we'd not been so hungry, we would have gone elsewhere.

1  Thank Holly_Ross_167
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The amount of food you get is amazing! Well worth the price for the amount of food and flavor of said food. Service could have been better, but still satisfactory.