“Quaint ,small”
Review of The Fork & Table

The Fork & Table
Reviewed 5 August 2016

Ordered a vegetarian meatloaf, it can nicely presented Size about 5by 2&1/2 Delicious but very small . On Mondays they say it is comfort food. Popcorn with curry put on table first

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

Charming place. Very good food in a town that needed a good restaurant. GGing back next week. Liked it!

1  Thank Penelope J
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This was one of the most memorable and cherished meals that I have had in a long time. Every detail was executed perfectly from the fresh baked bread still steaming from the oven, to the exquisite use of honey, olive oil, and vinegar drizzles over each dish.

We ordered the cheese plate and spring rolls to start and ribs, flounder, and duck egg pasta for entrees. The flounder was delicate and perfectly cooked, the pasta was wonderfully chewy and balanced, the ribs were rich and falling off the bone. All in all, the food had a delicate feel, but wasn't too haut-cuisine.

The ambiance was calm and light; we sat at a higher table and felt like we were in our own little world. The staff was attentive and hospitable, we couldn't ask for a more pleasant evening.

Make a reservation and leave the kids at home.

1  Thank meddisonhickey
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I'd sure love to make this a weekly meal! It was THAT GOOD!! Special occasion was a great excuse. MAKE A RESERVATION. Signature cocktail I choose was a spicy, bloody mary type martini. It was yum and a tad over spiced for my palate so I followed with a clean dry sav blanc that parred well with my duck egg pasta main course. Score! The starters we choose, local cheese plate and spring rolls were perfect for 4, just enough to nibble and share, though 4 spring roll pieces would have suited our table better than 3. Delicious meld of flavors and presentation.
Main plates were fully nourishing and satisfying to all. Celebrating 60, we shared the 2 dessert options. Both were especially yummy but there was a clear stand-out... make that decision your own! Enjoy and be grateful we have such bold and high standards around clean, local food. Thank you Fork & Table

1  Thank speddison
Reviewed 20 July 2016

This was more than just a meal experience! We went as a family of four for a birthday dinner and as soon as I walked in, I felt welcomed. The high top table was perfect for us as we took in the scene. The chef herself came over, introduced a little amuse-bouche, and set the tone for the evening.

The dishes were so nourishing, I savored each bite, and felt filled to the brim from the amaranth spring rolls and cheese platter to forkfuls of homemade duck egg pasta, from the island pork ribs, and local flounder- each drizzled in a spectacular combination of oils and vinegars. We definitely couldn't forgo dessert and grateful we ordered both the dark chocolate bread pudding and citrus olive oil cake with rose petal honey. The olive oil cake hands down rocked my world!

Not an everyday experience but definitely worth a celebratory night or two.

1  Thank SaraSeaE