“Lovely view, good popovers, but....”
Review of Asticou Restaurant

Asticou Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Acadia Corporation, the former operators of the Jordan Pond House and stewards of its traditions, is excited to be managing the Asticou Inn & Restaurant. The Asticou and the Jordan Pond House have a shared history originating in the 19th century of offering respite in the midst of the glacial beauty of Mount Desert Island.
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Would love to give this 5 stars, as it was a neat old Inn, very friendly and accommodating service, good popovers, and food nicely presented. I can even look past the somewhat less than service oriented hostess and person who seated us, because our waiter Wes was so nice. But I have to deduct a point for seriously chewy lobster on both our dishes. A disappointment when you visit Maine and look forward to the lobster. Overcooked? A bad batch? I really can't say....but I would try again and order something else! Neat place.

1  Thank Carol S

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We visited the Asticou for cocktails, and popovers. Sounds like an odd combo, but when you visit this area a popover is a must. They are delicious, and cooked perfectly at the Asticou. Warm, soft, crisp, eggy and the jam was yummy too. I was hesitant to order an Old Fashioned here, but glad I did, as it was made perfectly. My husband had a blueberry mojito that was outstanding. Go for the popovers, the view and a nice drink. I'll be back next year to do the same.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Popovers the thing. We each had one with lemon curd and blueberry jam. I had a lobster roll and my friend had a crab roll. She loved her blueberry pie. The view of the harbor with the fog rolling in was lovely. Worth the walk down the path from Thuya

Reviewed 18 July 2017

a spacious deck up on the hillside overlooking gardens and Northeast Harbor. The staff could not have been any friendlier. Spot on service. We arrived around 4, and they were still serving lunch. (12-5). We had the seafood chowder and lobster how'd. Both were excellent. A flavorful thin broth loaded with seafood. Their popovers were excellent and served right from the oven. Prices are on the higher side but what you'd expect from a higher end restaurant. The view is priceless. I hope to go back,for dinnner. The inside dining room looked nice as we'll

Reviewed 17 July 2017

If you are looking to eat popovers at the Jordan Pond House, try them at this restaurant instead. Locals told us that the legendary popovers used to be at the Jordan Pond House, but they people who make them are now here at the Asticou and the JPH popover recipe has definitely changed. We went for lunch and were not disappointed. The views of the harbor are gorgeous, and my kids and I explored the gardens as we waited for the food. We had a light lunch with popovers, and the dipping sauces were delicious! We tried the chocolate sauce, strawberry jam, blueberry jam and lemon curd. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to other families and would visit the Asticou again in the future.