“Best popovers on the island”
Review of Asticou Restaurant

Asticou Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Acadia Corporation, the former operators of the Jordan Pond House and stewards of its traditions, is excited to be managing the Asticou Inn & Restaurant. The Asticou and the Jordan Pond House have a shared history originating in the 19th century of offering respite in the midst of the glacial beauty of Mount Desert Island.
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Went here twice for popovers, they have the biggest and the best but there is a long wait to get seated. Try to get a reservation.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Had dinner on the porch with my family. It was our first night in the area and it made quite the impression. The food was excellent, a little pricey, but excellent. The view was perfect, nice harbor and gardens. The service was great and offered blankets to my young one when he was cold. Seek out this place you will not be disappointed. The bartender was great, let me try some of the beers before I ordered. They offered a good variety of beers too.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Would love to give this 5 stars, as it was a neat old Inn, very friendly and accommodating service, good popovers, and food nicely presented. I can even look past the somewhat less than service oriented hostess and person who seated us, because our waiter Wes was so nice. But I have to deduct a point for seriously chewy lobster on both our dishes. A disappointment when you visit Maine and look forward to the lobster. Overcooked? A bad batch? I really can't say....but I would try again and order something else! Neat place.

1  Thank Carol S
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We visited the Asticou for cocktails, and popovers. Sounds like an odd combo, but when you visit this area a popover is a must. They are delicious, and cooked perfectly at the Asticou. Warm, soft, crisp, eggy and the jam was yummy too. I was hesitant to order an Old Fashioned here, but glad I did, as it was made perfectly. My husband had a blueberry mojito that was outstanding. Go for the popovers, the view and a nice drink. I'll be back next year to do the same.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Popovers the thing. We each had one with lemon curd and blueberry jam. I had a lobster roll and my friend had a crab roll. She loved her blueberry pie. The view of the harbor with the fog rolling in was lovely. Worth the walk down the path from Thuya