Mariner Resort(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
The Grand Hotel(Ogunquit)
US$265
US$249
The Admiral's Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$239
Sea Rose Suites(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$299
Abalonia Inn(Ogunquit)
US$252
Towne Lyne Motel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
US$198
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$219
Meadowmere Resort(Ogunquit)
US$252
All reviewsanna mariemarginal wayperkins covethird floorporch overlooking the oceangreat conversationold victoriandelicious breakfasteach morningget awayfront porchlook forwardgracious hostsbed and breakfastfirst morningrelaxing weekendold friends
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent a nice night in the Victoria-Ruth (Room 6), enjoying the wonderful ocean view out three windows, from the third floor.

There is a loveseat right in front of one window where you can look out over the Atlantic, and you can hear the ocean. It was everything I expected from the website description.

The bed was very comfortable. At home we sleep in a King-size, but we had no trouble resting in this Queen-size. The mattress was just the right firmness.

I was looking forward to being awakened by the sun rising over the horizon, so I left the blinds open, and again, not disappointed. The sunlight came streaming in through the center window. Beautiful way to start the day!

The location is great, too, mid-way along the Marginal Way. We walked to dinner at the Oarweed, the evening we arrived, and went the other way for coffee/tea in the morning, which we found at the really great little market.

Guests need to mind the signs, when they arrive: ring the bell and wait for one of the hosts to answer; take exterior door key when leaving and use it to lock the deadbolt when you leave; let the hosts know the day before if you won’t be eating breakfast the next day; no food other than light snacks in the room. It’s their house, so it’s only right to respect their rules.

I found the pancake breakfast, with sides of sausage links and mixed fruit, served on the deck, just okay. I can eat just about anything. My wife, not so much. She didn’t like it, but didn’t want to be rude. When Bob noticed she hadn’t eaten it, he said, “Andy won’t like that.” We thought that was not appropriate, since we are the customers and guests, and hosts should be more sensitive to their guests needs (or at least don’t make guests feel uncomfortable).

The hosts like to sit and chat during breakfast, so be aware. Depends on what you like. If you want a private breakfast with choices, seek out one of the great breakfasts spots within walking distance (and be sure to let the owners know you won’t be needing breakfast the day before). That’s what we would do, if we stayed again.

There does seem to be too much on the walls, in the way of decorations and pictures. It’s a bit much for my taste, but, hey, it’s not my house, and the regulars who give high marks must like it that way.

I hope Bob & Andy are open to my honest, balanced feedback.

We appreciate them opening their home to us and wish them well in their business.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 4 June 2018

My husband and I have enjoyed several stays at the Rockmere Lodge over the years, most recently on Memorial Day weekend 2018. The location is perfect - right on the Marginal Way, with stunning views of the ocean, and walking distance to downtown and Perkins Cove. Andy and Bob are so helpful and are genuinely committed to making our stay an enjoyable one. They always make us feel at home, with friendly conversation about the house and the local goings on. The rooms are beautiful, with each room distinctly different from the other rooms. And then there's the delicious breakfast! They serve a full breakfast of fresh ingredients, both healthy and filling. We are already looking at our calendar to find another opportunity to return to Ogunquit and the Rockmere. Thank you for another wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2018

The location was almost perfect for our 33rd anniversary! From our room, we could see, hear and smell the ocean which is exactly what we were looking for. It's also just close to the middle of Marginal Way (ocean front walking path) so we could easily enjoy walking to Perkins cove or downtown Ogunquit. However there were two negatives that result in a poor review. First the bed was uncomfortable because the mattress is 'broken down' on the door side of the bed. This caused me to feel like I was constantly rolling out of bed all night and interrupting my sleep. The second issue is that the proprietors were not hospitable. I had sent an email before our visit asking if some dietary restrictions could be met and they responded that it would be no problem. However for breakfast I was offered food that I could not eat and declined to eat. I asked about the email exchange and instead of getting any response such as an apology I just was pressed to eat what they were serving which I refused -this resulted in the owners yelling in the kitchen (about what I am not sure). This all could have easily been fixed with a simple apology and attempt to make it right but that did not happen. So as a 'bed and breakfast' this was pretty poor - the bed was uncomfortable and I paid for breakfast that I could not eat and got attitude from the proprietor for not eating what was being served - really quite bizarre.. We did not even attempt to have breakfast on the second day of our stay, and why would we after the negative and unapologetic experience from the first morning. We found a really great breakfast spot instead. Naturally we will never return. One final note, the room names and pictures on their website do not match.

Room Tip: Don't trust the photos on the website
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jswTraveler
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Yes They are right as far as the e-mail telling us about what they couldn't eat and Yes I wrote back saying no problem We can handle that for them . But do You know how many e-mails we get in one day ??? A Lot ! We can't remember who e-mail or when they are coming so when each Guests Who checks in We ask to have anything You don't like or can't eat for Breakfast ? We ask this Couple and They Both said No which meant They had NO problem with food of any kind !!!!! Instead of say I am the one who e-mail telling You about my diet ….. We would had made a note of it and the kitchen would had taken care of His Needs with Pleasure . We are not mind reader ! As far as The Pictures on our web page they do match so I don't know what they are talking about ? And at this moment We have a guest in that same room who comment how nice the bed is to sleep on and they had a wonderful night sleep ! ???? Like they say You can't please them all . Read the other review and decide for Yourself .

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

If you love Ogunquit the only place to stay is the Rockmere Lodge. Andy and Bob are the best innkeepers in town. We just stayed for our third time. The rooms are great. They are very clean. The FULL breakfasts each day are so delicious. My Love and I are rejuvenated after each stay. From our room we can see and hear the ocean. We walk the Marginal Way to town and to Perkins Cove. We sit on a bench enjoying fresh coffee as we watch the sunrise. Our inner batteries get recharged and our love for each other grows stronger and deeper at the Rockmere.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely relaxing B& B with Andy as gracious and informative host. Great location on Marginal way for a quick run or walk to Perkins’s Cove or Ogunquit. Several excellent restaurants working walking distance.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple