“Our go to place”

New Friendly Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The best OMG lobster roll in the world! All food looked good. Inexpensive local cuisine in a casual, diner atmosphere.
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

And obviously the go-to of most people in this area of Washington Co. Homemade desserts, which I'm assured are delicious. We never have room after lunch to even consider dessert. Great loosemeat burgers, homemade frenchfries, if you request them, fried clams, fish and chips. And the staff treats everyone like home folks. Try their specials on Sunday,and you will be..homefolks that is!!!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Nothing like local with no pretensions. Good seafood, which is what I mostly go for. Large portions. Pleasant staff. Like many places in the area, don't ever judge the book by its cover.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

The New Friendly Restaurant has delicious home cooked meals that are a great value. They definitely know how to cook seafood!

Don't expect frills - it's a simple spot but the food, the service, and the prices are great! My husband ordered a fried clam platter that came with two sides. I got a small scallop plate, that also came with two sides. We both ordered a small Caesar and a baked potato as our sides.

Our salads were good, with Romaine, Parmesan and croutons. The dressing was tasty and was served on the side. We had the option of getting our seafood with batter or with crumbs. We both selected crumbs. The scallops and the clams were perfectly cooked and there was plenty of each! They were both delicious! Our potato was excellent with plenty of both butter and sour cream provided. We were offered dinner rolls but we both declined.

I had a cup of coffee with my meal and it was kept full as were our water glasses. The server was friendly and efficient. Another big plus - my scallop dinner was $13. I'd paid $28 at another restaurant for the same meal earlier this year!

Reviewed 20 September 2016

After leaving a restaurant for terrible service I was more than happy we stumbled onto this gem. The seafood chowder was chock full of wonders from the sea and had a great simple taste. Nothing fancy just a good ole seafood chowder. Home cooking at it's best. The service was great. No frills just good food. We didn't have dessert but I can tell you it looked great!! If we lived close I can tell you that this would be on our weekly list of places to visit.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

After having to leave a restaurant for no service in East Port, we headed toward Calais. We stumbled across this little restaurant and decided to try as we were hungry and there were lots of cars outside which is a good sign. We were greeted and order taken immediately and the food was delivered in record time. I ordered the Combo seafood platter with 2 seafood choices and got 3 pieces of haddock and a ton of mouth watering plump clams. Had salad and roll which were delicious. My friend had the clams and scallops and she and I were so full and satified that we both agreed the next time we travel to Calais from Saint John, it will be well worth the extra 20 mins drive to go back there to eat. I highly recommend this place for fast friendly service and the best home cooking I've had in a long while.