“One of our favorites now!”
Review of Emilitsa

Reserve with OpenTable
Emilitsa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 609 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$0 - US$33
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Emilitsa is a Greek restaurant located in the arts district of Portland, Maine and boasts a contemporary and casual atmosphere. Emilitsa brings a wide array of Mezethes (small plates), Megala Piata (large plates), and pristinely fresh seafood to the seacoast area. We honor the breadth of traditional cuisine from all regions of Greece. We prepare our Greek dishes with as many local, fresh, organic and natural ingredients as are available to us. We also accommodate those with food allergies.
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

From start to finish the experience was great. Welcomed in as you walk through the door.. Cocktail menu is unique and creative. Had a spread and spanakopita. Both were really good. I had the lamb and it was phenomenal. My wife had the moussaka which was also really good. This was our first visit and all the waitresses were very helpful with the menu. Highly recommend if you're in Portland. We'll be back soon.

1  Thank Kirk J

Reviewed 27 January 2018

We had some of the best Greek food we've ever tasted here--and we've spent considerable time in Greece. The food is mainly updated classics like saganaki (served with peppered figs) and a lightened layered moussaka beautifully prepared and presented. There are plenty of interesting seasonal entrees for both vegetarians and carnivores. The wine list is good and quite reasonable. Service is friendly and efficient and the ambience is lovely. We can't wait to go again next time we're in Portland.

1  Thank Paula W
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful little hidden gem on Congress St. that I dream of returning to again and again. If they were open for lunch I would have gone back today. When I made the reservations John dutifully called me back to let me know there was one table left and made sure it was confirmed. We came a little earlier so he seated us at a corner table which was probably the best table in the house. Shortly after sitting down they bring a little appetizer of hummus and Home made pita crisps that hit the spot. It came with just the right amount of onion which I appreciated. Our server Marissa was equally attentive and a wonderful server. We shared the grilled octopus which was on point, I had the moussaka and my hubby had the duck. Both dishes were stellar; perfectly cooked and flavorful. I have always loved Greek Food and Emilitsa knows how to execute it: one of my favorite restaurants in NYC is a Greek restaurant and E is less pretentious and just as good. Thank you John and Marissa for a truly great dining experience.

1  Thank happydolphin123
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I went dinner with a friend a few weeks ago - the food was delicious and the service was also great, our waitress was very friendly which made our night very pleasant. We had the lamb and the swordfish, both very tasty and perfectly cooked - I couldn't believe how the food was so fresh! Definitely going back!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Wonderful and authentic Greek food. Small and cozy restaurant with very attentive and knowledgeable staff. This restaurant is very pleasant with a varied and authentic menu and a great wine offering.

3  Thank BJ123Maine