“Wonderful”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The menu at Hot Suppa is all made from scratch from quality ingredients; local goods are used whenever possible. Our renowned breakfast and lunch are served seven days a week, so you can get that corned beef hash fix whenever you’re jonesing. Dinner is available five nights a week, featuring our favorite dishes, like fried chicken & a waffle,Pulled Pork Mac n' cheese, falafel salad, and Maine oysters on the half shell. We offer a full bar service if you care to relax into the evening with a Porch Swing cocktail, or recover in the morning with a spicy Bloody Mary or cold draft beer.
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Recommended by staff at the nearby hotel where we were staying, Hot Suppa proved to be as great as they said. We loved the lively ambiance, appreciated the efficient and friendly wait staff, and delighted in our flavorful brunch dishes. Coffee cup was always filled, and we appreciate a water carafe left at the table. Everything was just perfect - we would love to try other meals if we are ever back in Portland.

1  Thank Mary Jane S

Reviewed 15 January 2018

...because Hot Suppa will get even more popular and I won't be able to get in. The food is creative, reasonable and sure to please anyone's appetite. There are items on the menu that we can't get anywhere else in Portland, including the desserts. The ubiquitous Creme Brulee? No. Chocolate Bourbon Bread Pudding with fresh whipped cream? Yes Ma'am, and it was mouthwatering (but think about sharing it with at least one other person, maybe three). HS is small and no reservations so get there early, except not when I want to enjoy this wonderful restaurant in Portland's West End again which will be soon. So, do me a favor and don't tell your friends about it.

1  Thank Beachseeker2015
Reviewed 12 January 2018

We were within walking distance of the West End Inn and decided that we brave the minus 0 temps and day after the blizzard to walk here on our recent trip to Portland. The food was delicious...hot chicken, hot catfish and a po boy...with sides of mac and cheese & collard greens. Delicious!!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I stopped by Hot Suppa on my last morning in Portland for brunch. It was a fabulous choice. The southern infused breakfast / brunch menu made it pretty tough to choose, but I settled on one of the specials: a sloppy joe / Benedict creation that featured fantastic hash browns on the side, some of the most heavenly biscuits I’ve ever tasted as a Benedict base, and delicious joe sloppiness topped with a rich and creamy Hollandaise. The coffee was excellent-strong and fresh- and my server was friendly. I’ll be back the next time I’m in Portland.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

I had a gift card so thought I’d give it a try; note it is a very small establishment, there is usually a line and a wait and parking isn’t so great. I opted to order to go as I was on my lunch; which meant I had to order from a limited “to go” menu, which was kind of a bummer. There wasn’t a massive selection so I decided on the chicken sandwich. It didn’t take too long before I was on my way back to the office with sandwich in hand...only to be a little disappointed: in my little brown bag of wonder that I so willingly paid $13 for was a lonely sandwich, no pickle, no chips, no napkin, nada. The sandwich I admit was pretty good the question is was it $13 worth of Good and sorry Hot Suppa but no it wasn’t. When equally I paid 4 dollars less at Aura for a delicious juicy burger, fries and pickle!!!