“Best Sandwich in Portland ”

Po' Boys and Pickles
Ranked #89 of 623 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We love this place food is awesome! Never had a sandwich from here we didn’t like. Particularly recommend the fried chicken cutlet, perfection.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Our Maine friend brought us to try the delicious (and huge! get the regular size or share!) sandwiches on a rainy day. Had to try the crazy fried pickles -- pretty good, nice and crispy batter, actually liked it as new thing. 100% approval on the macaroon. Happy lunch!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Great find for an easy, affordable and delicious lunch. Fried onions were amazing. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Great menu, great food; although...a wee bit pricey?
I had the fried fish sandwich; perfectly fried fish, lettuce, tomato, etc. on a roll. The large is just that , large! At $14, expensive in my opinion. A minor complaint, though.
The blackened fish sandwich was excellent as well.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I ws recently on a business trip to Baton Rouge, LA. Needless to say I carefully researched (including Trip Advisor) the best places to get a Po Boy sandwich. Honestly, this place in Portland wins hands down. And they sell beer!

A couple reasons, Po Boys I ate down there were on the plain side. E.g. just some lettuce slices and and some tomatoes. Po' Boys and Pickles had much better toppings, sauces, spreads on the Po Boys, much more mouthwatering, and just as fresh, us being in Portland Maine and all. I had a great soft shell crab Po' Boy yesterday (note this is a seasonal item), my colleagues had the fried shrimp and a fried fish Po' Boy. All got "two thumbs up!" and the pickles, and the milkshakes, and the crispy fries - honestly, better than Cajun Country - the Po Boys storefront and inside seating area is also much nicer than the "authentic shacks" I visited in Louisiana. All and all a great place for a reasonable sandwich in this foodie town if you are tired (do we ever?) of high end food (no) and high end prices (yes). This place is great.

1  Thank workoutfoodie