“SO Good!”

Tandoor Restaurant
Ranked #300 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 24 May 2016

This place is amazing I love the food here the rice is great and the chicken tikka masala was to die for if i could eat here every night i would. The staff is really nice and are great at giving helpful suggestions for food.

1  Thank Damon M

Reviewed 9 April 2016

I've been to Tandoor many times, though not so recently. Over time my experience has mostly been positive and this visit was no exception. I was with my lawyer who had done some work for me pro bono, and I was thanking him with a simple lunch. He chose the restaurant and knew a lot about this cuisine. We started with waters and a masala chai tea. We then shared appetizers: samosas (potato turnovers), an onion kulcha w/cilantro (bread), Pakora (fried chickpea fritter). One of the items, we actually hadn't ordered, as it was heard incorrectly by our otherwise lovely and gracious server- no doubt a member of this family-run restaurant with lasting power. No charge. Entrees included a vegetarian Dal Makhni (yellow lentils w/butter, tomato and cream) and Aloo Palak (spinach, potato and cream sauce) …. all served over basmati rice.

$47.00 including tax and tip covered it. The food is good. Aloo Palak was probably my least favorite of our choices, but really no complaints. I took leftovers home. Can't beat that. I will go back.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

The atmosphere is cozy and relaxing. The food is amazing! My husband is from England so he has had his fare share of Indian food, and yet he still agreed that this place has some of the best Indian food he's ever tried.

1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Had dinner there before a show at the Merrill. There was only one other party seated when the three of us arrivedabout 6:15, but within 20 minutes or so every table was filled. There were about 12 tables and one, yes one, waiter. A woman did come out of the kitchen and helped with water gasses, etc, but the waiter was clearly over his head. I had the lamb kebab. I should have asked for it to be done med rare, as it was well done, but the flavor was fine, if a tad dry. Water glasses were refilled twice. My husband had the mango chicken, and our friend had chicken curry. All said they were good. There are different levels of heat offered with the entree. The plain nan bread was warm and excellent. We asked for another order, but never got it, as the waiter was flat out. We don't know if there was dessert, as none was offered, and we were afraid we might be late for the show, as we had had to flag the waiter down to get the check. The place is small, with only 12 tables, but the decor is pleasant, and the table settings with real linen and interesting flatware were also charming. We would stop there again of we are in Portland. Just be aware that the place is packed by 7:00, at least it did last Saturday night.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

We love to eat here when we visit our kids. They have a great atmosphere, drinks & food. A different menu from the regulars. I love their sauces. Get a great meal. Family friends, but high end.

1  Thank Daytonkkgun