“Excellent indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I found this gem by chance but it goes on my list of places to return to in portland. Menu is extensive and includes some dishes not part of the standard Indian place. Many vegetarian options. Very friendly and attentive but not pushy service. Surprisingly long and reasonably priced wine list. My meal shahajashnani chicken, garlic naan, raita, ample basmati rice (included with entree), and Kingfisher beer - was very good and totalled only $23. So good value.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Not sure where to begin.....the staff worked us in for a party of six. Attentive staff! Food was excellent, I'd go back in a second

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner there last Friday and it was delicious! Service was good, our waiter very nice and the food very, very good! Really worth trying!

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I recently had dinner here with my girlfriend. It was our first time eating here. We had a great meal for two, for only $35 I will definitely return!

Centrally located downtown on Congress Street, just around the corner from the Westin Hotel, this place doesn't really stand out as you walk by. A small restaurant with a small window front and neon sign. Just another casual restaurant. Nothing fancy.

However, service was top notch! Ambiance was good. Quiet with low a warm low light. The menu had a wide selection of options. The waitress was also very helpful in answering a few of our questions regarding a few entrees we were not familiar with when we wanted to try something a little different. Her suggestions were excellent! We particularly enjoyed the Palaknaan bread. My girlfriend enjoyed her Mahi-E-Abb dish, and the Lamb Curry, for myself. Topped with a tall bottle of Indian Lager.

My only complaint, which I run into at a lot of American Indian and Thai restaurants, was the lack of hot! Usually these restaurants ask you how spicy you'd like your food to be on a 1-5 scale. I always request five. However, half the time, when I get my food, it's just subtlety to mildly spicey! This place, unfortunately, disappointed me a bit in this aspect. Could have been hotter!

Aside from that, food was excellent! Highly recommend this place for casual Indian at a cheap price!

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Dropped in for a late lunch...and enjoyed the meal. Had the Saag Daal, Chicken Korma, Raita and Garlic Naan. Just the right amount of food for two.

Service was very good. Just the right amount of attention.

Would return if visiting Portland again.