“Solid Mexican, great drinks”
Review of Tortilla Flat

Tortilla Flat
Ranked #319 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Dropped in for a quick brunch and truly enjoyed the Cuervo Gold Margarita as did my wife with the more unusual prickly pear margarita. The fried avocado was good but the lime/cilantro sauce was too overwhelming. Both the entree’s were excellent .

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

This place has the dubious distinction of being the absolute worst Mexican food I have ever tried. Ever. The food is can-to-table unimaginative, insipid... truly awful. Why they would claim this to be Mexican food is puzzling. In fact, why they would claim this to be food is a mystery. Oh, the drinks are bad too.

TortillaFlat3, Public Relations Manager at Tortilla Flat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience with us. May I ask what you ordered and when/time you were in?

Reviewed 6 October 2017

I called ahead because I was passing through and wanted food ready when I arrived - they did so, that was great and the reception and wait staff were very friendly and helpful. The vegetarian combo (cheese enchilada and chile relleno) were very good, and came with beans (I chose black rather than refried) and rice (I'm not much on Mexican style white rice but OK - would love a brown rice option) on a big platter, good portion size, not stinting. I also had the guacamole salad - good big scoop of guac on a bed of lettuce and tomato. Together too much for one person, didn't completely finish either but had a good mix of greens with proteins that way. The combo plate was $14 and the guac salad was $8, came to $23 + $5 tip, more than I like to spend on a meal but, hey, they're not in the restaurant business to run a charity, they're there to make money. I'll go back when I'm in the neighborhood. Better than most.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Used to love this place years ago. Thought we would try it again. Food was bland. Guacamole was very salty. Waitperson was attentive and polite.

Thanks, but I'm sure there's better Mexican food somewhere else.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Food is okay, we've had better Mexican. Atmosphere is great out on the big enclosed porch. We had a lot of fun with friends and family. Service was excellent and drinks were good. The food could be improved. The tortilla chips tasted old/ stale. No taste to the homemade salsa (needed a little kick). Fun place to get drinks and catch up with friends and family.