“Fun dinner at Hibachi”
Review of Kon Asian Bistro

Kon Asian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Kon Asian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Whether you’re planning a fun family meal, a romantic date night, or after-work drinks with friends and coworkers, Kon Asian Bistro is the place to be. Since we opened our doors in 2009, we’ve been known for serving a wide-ranging menu of authentic Asian cuisines, from Japanese sushi to traditional Chinese dishes and more. Enjoy dinner and a show as our skilled hibachi chefs whip up an elegant meal right at your table, or visit our lively bar during happy hour and unwind with us.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Busy place, glad we made reservations. The table height around the grill was a little high, are was clean and bright. Drink delivery was a little slow, but bar was packed also.
The chef at our table was fun, and it was lively, but quick. Enjoyed the birthday recognition with singing, ice cream and a fire stick.
Good food, nice night!

Chris C, Owner at Kon Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

I'm so glad that you had such an amazing time here, Alina and Vinnie! It's a true honor that we could be part of the birthday celebrations, and I'll be sure to let the rest of our staff know what a great job they did. Thanks for everything -- we can't wait to see you all again!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Last minute decision for a birthday dinner out of town. We opted to wait for a hibachi table so we waited a while (problem 1, last minute idea, problem 2, Saturday night-our bad!) once seated, the staff were great, right on top of things and food was awesome. Would definitely plan for this again in the future, but better prepared!

Chris C, Owner at Kon Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

I'm so honored that you chose to celebrate your special day with us, Meghan, and it's just as great to see that everything was such a hit. Thanks for everything -- we can't wait to see you again!

All the best,

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My kids like this place. The inside is nice and comfortable and the hibachi chefs are engaged and entertaining, if not a bit fumbling. I don't like the food. There is really no taste to it. Everything is doused in butter and oil to substitute for flavor. As I said, the kids like it.

Chris C, Owner at Kon Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

I'm so happy your kids enjoy the food and show, but I wish we left a better impression on you, too! If we can ever alter a dish for you, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're always happy to help. Hope we'll get another chance to make a better impression!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

On Monday (10/23) my daughter and I decided to go to Kon Bistro for drinks and rolls. We sat at the bar and the bartender, Chad, was our server. Normally, I would not focus on the bartender but he was so attentive to all details of our needs and/or wants that it was so worth noting. Kon Asian Bistro has some of the best sushi rolls in Portland. Our absolute favorite is the "SPICY SCALLOP". There are many that make this roll but only Kon knows how to make it correctly.

Chris C, Owner at Kon Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

You rock, Mike! I'm so happy you think our sushi is the best in Portland. Nice choice with our spicy scallop -- that's a favorite of ours as well. It's wonderful to know you were well-taken care of as well. Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you come back to see us for another visit soon!

Until then,

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Impressive menu selection and excellent service. Do not be intimidated by the full parking lot, as they have plenty of space inside for prompt seating and service!

Chris C, Owner at Kon Asian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dale, thank you so much for all of your support. It's wonderful to read you've enjoyed our menu selection and prompt service. Your five stars truly helps us out. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Take care,