“Reasonably Priced Quick Lunch Burritos”
Review of Federal Spice

Federal Spice
Ranked #341 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Burritos are good sized and reasonably priced which brings me back regularly.

The jerk chicken the last several visits didn't really taste jerky but rather bland, not sure why this is. I would really like to see the marinade more present and this is Federal "Spice" after all, but where was the spice?

A good value and a decent lunch on a budget!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I work near this restaurant and it is my go-to place for a quick lunch. I usually grab my burrito to go and it rarely takes more than a couple of minutes from when I walked in to when I'm walking out.

I usually go for the specials on the wall, but if nothing suits my fancy, I'll opt for the Jerk Chicken Burrito. If you're looking for a quick lunch/dinner on a budget, this is your place!

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Small place with great ethic food. The ox tail was delicious and came with rice and salad. The place can get quite hot as the a/c doesn't work all the time. Recommend grabbing a table outside.

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Man at the counter was kind, and my food came within five minutes. It was a little loud inside with music playing, so you may want to sit outside or take it to go if you want to have a conversation.

I had a pumpkin rice and jerk chicken wrap that was good. Nothing to write home about, but good enough.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

I've been going to Federal Spice for years and always pleased by the delicious, fresh and healthy choices with a Caribbean twist, and cheerful service; even when I dash in at the end of a long day the owner is eager to oblige.