“Still wonderful!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I haven't eaten here in years. Used to love to do it when the kids were small. So my 30-year-old daughter came up this weekend and we decided to walk down memory lane and go to the GLB. This was on a Thursday night about 8 PM. I was so happy to see the place is hopping with lots of people --no tables inside at all but we sat on the patio and were seated right away. I was surprised to see this many people on a Thursday night even if it was the start of Labor Day weekend. All types of people too-- families couples groups of friends etc. something for everyone. I had the wings which is what I always had when I came and they were just as delicious as I remember. My husband had the mac & cheese and his only complaint was that there wasn't more of it. My daughter had a hamburger. The waitress was friendly and delightful although quite busy. The menu itself is fun to read with catchy titles --good to see that is still the same. Basically pub food with a twist but some non-meat options. Lots of choice!

Restaurants tend to come and go in this area which is quite a foodie destination and I am happy to say this one has staying power and continues to popular. Check it out for a fun evening.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

This is the best place on the planet to get buffalo wings. But, after you have your 2 pounds of buffalo wings, get the hot fudge sundae. It is to die for. The best hot fudge you will ever have. No other establishment comes close when it come to their hot fudge. Please just try it once and then you decide..... YUM!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went for lunch on early Saturday afternoon based on TA reviews. Lots of beers on tap and an extensive pub style menu. Ate outside on the patio. Ordered a special (spicy BBQ chicken sandwich) which was good but a bit too spicy. Service was decent.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Came here after a day of brewery hoping to celebrate a friends bday. No reservations but go in since it was only about 5 pm. We sat in the way back on a nice big table. There was six of us and very hungry so we were excited to try this new restaurant. I had a key lime pie martini which was good. Basic but good. My friend had a chocolate martini like drink but she was given another drink by mistake. She ordered a salted chocolate pretzel martini when noticed there was no salt. After waiter but salt on rim she realized was wrong drink. Tasty but wrong drink. My husband ordered a beer. Make that four beers because every beer was sold out so he ended up with the fourth on his list. The waiter said, "oh well you know Saturday night haha." Its 5:00 not 9:00 man. No excuse. For a super crowded parking lot you think this place was good to go to. We then ordered food. We shared a order of peanut Thai chicken wings. Seemed very much like they were covered in peanut butter. Bad decision. I ordered the spinach feta pie which was okay. Husband got a steak and cheese but not impressed. My friend ordered a healthy open faced sandwich but it was the wrong order again. Plus when she mentioned it the waiter said he would take half off the price which he didn't. The three other friends liked their burgers and crab sandwich but the rest not so much. We drove a long ways for good Maine food and this was not good Maine good or beer. Won't be back.

1  Thank callie H
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Portland is a foody town, I lived here 23 years and know what it was before it got the national recognition in continues to receive today. Great Lost Bear isn't a Fore Street, Street and Company restaurant but it is a restaurant that speaks to Portland's true core and that's the hard working middle class.

Top of the line beer list (truly exceptional) and offers a large american pub fair with some crazy twists. Personally I have never had a bad meal here, and have been many times. One of the best burgers in this town, that comes with a generous serving of fries as well. Lewiston Steak and Cheese is tasty as well, and you can't go wrong with the nachos.

Great vibe with all different types of backgrounds in the clientele. Worth a visit and your loyalty!