“Very Good”

El Corazon
Ranked #234 of 615 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 December 2017

After living in Southern California for 13 years, I 've been looking for good, authentic Mexican fare in Maine. I tried an asada burrito and a shrimp taco, both were very good. I love both shrimp and fish tacos and the taco was very good, the only flaw was the dressing had a little too much mayo and not enough seasoning. Definitely worth a visit.

Joseph U, Owner at El Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for coming in and for your review. Usually our chipotle aoli is well balanced. I will continue to make sure my kitchen prepares it the way I showed them. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon. P.S. my wife Is from Southern California (East LA to be exact) and my head chef is from San Diego. As for me, I'm from a border town south of Yuma, Arizona. Not too far from San Diego. Just thought I'd share this with you. Thank you again.

Joe Urtuzuastegui

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

This has become a regular place for lunch during the week. This is not chain restaurant Mexican food. Food is freshly prepared and attractively presented. Will be going back next week. Not crowded so far, so easy in and out at lunch.

Joseph U, Owner at El Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for your continued support and we're so glad you enjoy our lunch. Thank you again.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The fish taco I enjoyed used an authentic recipe, fresh ingredients, and had great taste. I have never had a better one and I pursue these everywhere I go! Burritos are a good size with plenty of stuffing. Service is quick and friendly. Can't imagine a better combo than this food truck in the parking lot of Rising Tide brewery

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Pretty bland food. The guacamole was VERY bland as well as the salsa. Large bottles of Chalula were on the table so that helped. Can accommodate vegetarians. The service was decent however.

I had the Sopes and they were just about inedible.

This restaurant opened in May of 2017.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Very quick service, fantastic fish tacos and great atmosphere. Just what we where looking for on a warm summer's eve.

Been to El Corazon? Share your experiences!