“First Burger in Three Years, Good Choice”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #143 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I recently started eating meat again. Even so, I've been reluctant to eat a hamburger for all the reasons we shouldn't: its bad for you, it usually infused with body-damaging antibiotics and growth hormones, and the cows don't like to be slaughtered, either. I was having a craving, wanted a fast meal in-between work gigs and was headed toward a different shop when I spotted Five Guys. Uh-Oh. Had to break-down and go for it. Having been in the past, I was pretty sure I'd get a good, fast, inexpensive burger here. All of that was true once again.

I ate in. Ordered a single cheeseburger with grilled onion, pickle and mayo.... tap water on to drink. It satisfied the craving, was delicious, and didn't come back at me later. Staff who took and called-out my order were pleasant and smiling. Drawbacks: the lighting in here is as if a solar burst went off in the room: way too bright. Music: too loud and too "young" for my taste. Beverage machines are all digital, self, automated by pushing buttons..... I figured it out, but it took some studying at first. This is a chain. That being said, their burgers are juicy and they claim the meat is healthier than what you pick up in the dead animal section of your grocer. Though I didn't have them this time, I also recall the french fries are excellent.

About $6.50 got me in and outta there, including tax and tip. It was worth it, even if the automated towel dispenser in the mens' room didn't work. Shake shake shake. I would go back again if the craving struck and I couldn't resist, though having burgers I think will be a rare activity for me in general.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I stop there with my sons (Middle school and High school) when we are in the area. The burgers are good, the fies are great. I like getting my customized soda, the boys like the shakes.
You can definitely get a cheaper burger, but not a better one.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Burgers and fries cooked as requested. Clean place, including tables.Welcoming and friendly staff. Great as expected!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

So, if you have already tried Five Guys than you know what you are getting, and no exception here regarding standards. Reasonable good burgers, with fixings personalized, and good fries, and all the peanuts you want.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I love this place when a quick (double) burger and fries are a must. Really, I usually just get a big bag of fries slathered in malt vinegar but I'll succumb to a burger.