“Amazing!”

Ranked #18 of 623 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch on a Friday. Luckily, we didn't have to wait. We had the duck fat fried brussel sprouts, duck fat fried french fries, a cubano panini, and a duck confit panini. First of all, the brussle sprouts fried in duck fat were amazing! Probably the best thing I've eaten in months. The fries were tasty and we enjoyed our paninis. My wife especially raved about the duck confit was delicious, and one of the most unique sandwiches she ever had. If you're ever in Portland, Maine...you gotta go?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,866)

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Called in for a quick small bite having seen this place on TripAdvisor- wasn’t disappointed. I ordered a small serve of poutine- DELICIOUS- very generous portion size with lots of curd staff were helpful and friendly

Reviewed 1 February 2018

My wife and I went early to Duckfat on a Friday evening. Since it is quite small this was a good idea and we were able to grab a seat before it got too crowded. We ordered their special appetizer of Brussel Sprouts cooked with duckfat and other seasoning. My wife had not eaten Brussels Sprouts in years but we both loved this unique dish.As a dinner I had their confit duck sandwich. It was okay but ,to me, nothing special. My wife had a salad with duck. She liked the rest of the salad better than the duck but she is a non adveturous diner. We enjoyed our viisit .The waitressses were very nice.If we returned we would definitely get the Brussel Sprout dish again.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

French Fries, with Garlic Mayo and Truffle Ketchup. Need I say more? Bacon, Goat Cheese and Tomato Panini was just okay. Goat cheese didn't really taste like goat cheese - not tangy or super flavorful. The Cubano sandwich was delicious. Wash it all down with a local brew. Great place for a late lunch. Tip: Arrive around 3:00-4:00 when the lunch crowd has died down and the dinner crowd hasn't arrived. The wait will be less.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here manny times over the last 6-7 years. It’s a small place, often there’s a 15-20 min wait, but it’s absolutely worth it for their famous duck-fat fries. They also make a killer beet-salad and usually have some reliable and quality beers to select from.