Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Don't miss Lucky Catch Cruises for a great lobstering experience.

What a fun cruise! We loved it and highly recommend it. It was very "hands on"- not your typical... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Tanzy123
Athens, Georgia
Happy, hard-working, Sharing the passion

Such a joy to be with people who enjoy what they do and want to share their passion with... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2021
sfogirl
santa clara, ca

Recommended experiences in and around Portland
from US$35.00
from US$45.00
from US$39.95
from US$50.00
More Info
All reviews lobster captain tom restaurant next door corn on the cob baked potato rubber band all ages highlight of our trip herring great trip sea life minute trip casco bay portland headlight a lot of fun awesome experience visiting portland
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

We went here as part of our family vacation with son 17 and daughter 19. We had a good time with Captain Dave and a total of 10 of us tourists on the lobster boat. We all got involved in baiting the lobster traps and were educated about the measures taken to maintain a healthy lobster population. At the end we didn’t catch any suitable lobsters on our 90 minute trip out into the bay, but they maintained several lobsters in a tank on the boat that had been caught earlier in the day. At the end we bought two lobsters from the boat for $10 dollars apiece and took them over to Portland lobster Company where they cooked them and served them as part of the lobster dinner special. Obviously, it doesn’t get any fresher than that.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank NealDA
Reviewed 19 May 2021

The staff was so professional and accomidating....yet safety concious. We actually went on a lobster catch. Baiting traps, reeling them in and received lots of education about the lobster industry. And it was at a great price.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank Photoguyb
Reviewed 11 May 2021

Last summer my husband and I booked a last minute spontaneous trip from NJ to Portland for July 4th weekend. After being stuck indoors for months due to COVID, we NEEDED a little getaway. I did a ton of research on what to do and booked our tour with Lucky Catch.

I am not a lobster eater myself, but I did LOVE this tour and have recommended it to many friends and family who went to Portland after us. It was so interactive and informative. Not only did you learn info about lobsters, crabs and the daily life of lobster charter boats but you also learned about some history of Portland. The crew on our tour were so friendly and you could tell that this was their passion. Due to COVID, the tour didn't take as many passengers as they usually would but I did not mind that, it gave us an even more interactive tour. The other passengers on our tour were of all ages. One little girl was there with her Dad and he mentioned they do this tour every year for her birthday because it is her favorite activity to do. She pulled the lobster cage right out of the water (by herself) like she was a professional! This is just a great example of how all ages love it!

I would say that if you are in Portland for vacation or even a quick getaway, this is a must do. My husband and I are actually going back this July 4th with my parents and I already booked our lobster tour for this year. Again... this is a MUST while in Portland.

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank kdispenziere
Reviewed 7 April 2021 via mobile

We reserved a private tour and it was totally worth it! We wanted the kids to have an awesome experience without a crowd but I don’t know who had a better time them or the adults! We learned a lot and had a great experience all around. Highly recommend booking - experienced staff, very informative. We bought the lobsters we caught at a great rate and had a delicious dinner after a great day!

Date of experience: May 2020
1  Thank annenshields
Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

We learned so much about the history of the Portland waterfront and of course, lobsters. My son loved that he was able to help bring up the cage and hold lobsters and crab. Highly recommend this tour for families looking for something to do in Portland.

Date of experience: October 2020