Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
So much fun!

We loved Lucky Catch! The guides were so friendly and informative. Everyone on the boat got to do... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
pickykelly
Georgia
via mobile
Great time

We had a great time on this tour the crew involved everyone and we learned so much about lobster as... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
abbeym82
Scottsdale, Arizona

Recommended experiences in and around Portland
from US$35.00
from US$45.00
from US$39.95
from US$47.00
More Info
All reviews lobster next door highlight of our trip captain and crew great trip fun experience visiting portland new england highly recommend this tour traps bait measures apron boat measuring cages pots
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 June 2021

This was one of my husband and I's favorite things we did while in Portland! It was so fun, informative & engaging. We saw great view of the islands and Portland Head Lighthouse. There were about 10 people on the boat - mix of families with adult kids, young kids & another couple. I would highly, highly recommend for anyone visiting Portland.

We also bought one of the lobsters and ate it over at the restaurant next door - which was such a cool experience! If you go on the trip, I'd recommend doing that too. Not nearly as expensive as buying a lobster at a restaurant either & much better story.

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank genevieve862234
Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

Very informative and fun trip. CPT Brian and Caroline were great. Lots of interaction and beautiful scenery. Highly recommend if you’re visiting the area!

Date of experience: June 2021
1  Thank Hazzkodiak
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

We went here as part of our family vacation with son 17 and daughter 19. We had a good time with Captain Dave and a total of 10 of us tourists on the lobster boat. We all got involved in baiting the lobster traps and were educated about the measures taken to maintain a healthy lobster population. At the end we didn’t catch any suitable lobsters on our 90 minute trip out into the bay, but they maintained several lobsters in a tank on the boat that had been caught earlier in the day. At the end we bought two lobsters from the boat for $10 dollars apiece and took them over to Portland lobster Company where they cooked them and served them as part of the lobster dinner special. Obviously, it doesn’t get any fresher than that.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank NealDA
Reviewed 19 May 2021

The staff was so professional and accomidating....yet safety concious. We actually went on a lobster catch. Baiting traps, reeling them in and received lots of education about the lobster industry. And it was at a great price.

Date of experience: May 2021
1  Thank Photoguyb
Reviewed 11 May 2021

Last summer my husband and I booked a last minute spontaneous trip from NJ to Portland for July 4th weekend. After being stuck indoors for months due to COVID, we NEEDED a little getaway. I did a ton of research on what to do and booked our tour with Lucky Catch.

I am not a lobster eater myself, but I did LOVE this tour and have recommended it to many friends and family who went to Portland after us. It was so interactive and informative. Not only did you learn info about lobsters, crabs and the daily life of lobster charter boats but you also learned about some history of Portland. The crew on our tour were so friendly and you could tell that this was their passion. Due to COVID, the tour didn't take as many passengers as they usually would but I did not mind that, it gave us an even more interactive tour. The other passengers on our tour were of all ages. One little girl was there with her Dad and he mentioned they do this tour every year for her birthday because it is her favorite activity to do. She pulled the lobster cage right out of the water (by herself) like she was a professional! This is just a great example of how all ages love it!

I would say that if you are in Portland for vacation or even a quick getaway, this is a must do. My husband and I are actually going back this July 4th with my parents and I already booked our lobster tour for this year. Again... this is a MUST while in Portland.

Date of experience: July 2020